Cardiff International Airport
Address: Vale of Glamorgan, CF62 3BD, United Kingdom
Tel: 01446 711111
Owner: Welsh Government
Operator: Cardiff Airport Ltd.
IATA airport code: CWL
ICAO airport code: EGFF
Alias: Maes Awyr Caerdydd
CWL Arrivals today
|09:05 June-27||Dublin (DUB)||Ryanair||FR634||Landed 08:58|
|09:15 June-27||Amsterdam (AMS)||KLM||KL1059||Delayed 09:31|
|09:46 June-27||London (BQH)||SaxonAir||Scheduled|
|11:25 June-27||Reus (REU)||Sunwing Airlines||BY6209||Scheduled|
|11:30 June-27||Belfast (BHD)||Aer Lingus||EI3620||Scheduled|
|11:40 June-27||Palma de Mallorca (PMI)||TUI||BY6233||Scheduled|
|11:50 June-27||Alicante (ALC)||TUI||BY6229||Scheduled|
|14:20 June-27||Paris (ORY)||Eastern Airways||T3246||Scheduled|
|15:45 June-27||Edinburgh (EDI)||Loganair||LM337||Scheduled|
|16:30 June-27||Malaga (AGP)||Ryanair||FR4950||Scheduled|
|16:45 June-27||Amsterdam (AMS)||KLM||KL1063||Scheduled|
|16:45 June-27||Jersey (JER)||SaxonAir||Scheduled|
|21:10 June-27||Kefalonia (EFL)||TUI||BY6263||Scheduled|
|22:35 June-27||Tenerife (TFS)||TUI||BY6287||Scheduled|
|22:40 June-27||Zakynthos (ZTH)||Sunwing Airlines||BY6215||Scheduled|
|23:00 June-27||Amsterdam (AMS)||KLM||KL1069||Scheduled|
|09:15 June-28||Amsterdam (AMS)||KLM||KL1059||Scheduled|
|10:50 June-28||Belfast (BFS)||Ryanair UK||RK9430||Scheduled|
|11:30 June-28||Belfast (BHD)||Aer Lingus||EI3620||Scheduled|
|12:10 June-28||Alicante (ALC)||Vueling||VY1241||Scheduled|
|12:20 June-28||Ibiza (IBZ)||TUI Airways||BY6371||Scheduled|
|12:25 June-28||Malaga (AGP)||TUI Airways||BY6365||Scheduled|
|14:20 June-28||Paris (ORY)||Eastern Airways||T3246||Scheduled|
|15:05 June-28||Kos (KGS)||TUI Airways||BY6389||Scheduled|
|15:45 June-28||Edinburgh (EDI)||Loganair||LM337||Scheduled|
|16:45 June-28||Amsterdam (AMS)||KLM||KL1063||Scheduled|
|19:10 June-28||Malaga (AGP)||Vueling||VY1260||Scheduled|
Check out Cardiff International Airport Arrivals
Cardiff Airport is Wales’ only international airport (Cymru), located at the town of Rhoose. Cardiff Airport is the ideal airport if you want to visit the South or Mid Wales. North Wales can be reached more quickly via Liverpool Airport or Manchester Airport. The regional airport in Wales has a small terminal for all Cardiff arrivals. Many of the flights are operated by Ryanair, TUI, and Wizz Air. The planes mainly go to the south of Europe. Spain is often used as a holiday destination with flights to the coast or the Canary Islands.
Passenger statistics Cardiff Airport
About 1 to 2 million people fly from Cardiff Airport every year. As can be seen in the picture, there has been a lot of growth in the last years. Cardiff Airport arrivals from mainly European cities with Amsterdam Schiphol Airport at the top with 150,000 Cardiff flight arrivals. That accounts for almost 10% of the entire airport.
History of Cardiff Airport
The first CWL airport arrivals were around 1940 and only later in 1952 for civil flights. With a new terminal in the following years, more routes and destinations were also added, such as to France. In the 1980’s there were even Cardiff Airport arrivals from Florida in the US. The growth to 2 million was good, but Ryanair decided to no longer depart or arrive from this airport. Therefore, the numbers fell back to 1 million. With a number of expansions at the airport and other low-cost airlines such as TUI Airways, Vueling, Wizz Air, but also Loganair, Aer Lingus and KLM, the Cardiff flight arrivals rose again. In 2019 there were still nearly 1.7 million passengers, but unfortunately this has fallen sharply due to corona.
Most busy flight routes
The busiest routes are the following:
- Tenerife-South Airport
- Paris Orly
- Alicante Airport
- Palma de Mallorca Spain
- Malaga Airport
- Edinburgh Scotland
- Amsterdam in the Netherlands
Ground transportation Cardiff
If you are traveling to Cardiff Airport the most important thing is to enter the postcode CF62 3BD into your navigation. The airport is located 13 miles west of the city. You can easily drive to the terminal from the city centre via the A4226 and B4265. If you drive yourself you can choose to go to the Meet & Greet, Pick Up/Drop Off or park the car at a car park.
- Traveling by bus: The bus route T9 is a service that runs directly from the airport to Cardiff City and Bay. There is a bus every hour during the day and the frequency is less on Sundays. If you want to go to the Rhose Railway Station you can take bus 905. That takes 10 mins for £1. Here too, a train leaves every hour during the week.
- After arrival you can also opt for an official taxi. These can also be pre-booked with FlightLink Wales. Otherwise you can also arrange this at the airport when you walk out of the arrivals hall.
- If you want to drive your own car after arrival, you can also choose to rent a car. There are several car rental companies such as Europcar, Avis, and Enterprise that can offer you a car.
Park at various locations near the airport. If you only come for a drop off or pick up, you can do so at the drop off zone or the Long Stay parking where you can park for free for 20 minutes.
- Meet and Greet: A quick way to leave your car at the airport and walk straight into the building to check in. Leave your keys and your car will be parked while you check in. The car is parked in a safe place.
- Premium Parking: self-park at a location very close to the terminal. With a short walk you are already in the building. There are also extra wide parking spaces which can be useful for a large car or when getting out of children.
- Short Stay Parking: just a few days away then this short term parking is a perfect option. It is walkable to the terminal and a safe location. You can park for £2 per 20 minutes in the first hour. After, it will get cheaper untill a daily rate of £38. Every extra day will be cheaper. Four days is £95 and five days is £110.
- Long Stay parking: if you want long term parking because you stay away for a week or longer then this is a great option. The first day is £35 and then the following days in total:
- 2 days £50.00
- 3 days £60.00
- 4 days £68.00
- 5 days £75.00
- 6 days £80.00
- 7 days £95.00
- 8 days £110.00
- 9 days £115.00
- 10 days £125.00
The Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport Hotel is within walking distance. This 3-star hotel is an ideal base if you want to stay close to Cardiff Airport. For example, it can be useful to stay in the hotel after an (unexpected) late arrival and continue the journey the next day.
Within minutes, however, there are a few more good options. For example, stay in one of the following hotels:
- Celtic International Hotel
- Travelodge Cardiff Airport
- The Old Barn B&B
- Three Horseshoes Country Inn
More towards the center of Cardiff there are still plenty of options.