Dubai International Airport – مطار دبي الدولي
Address: Dubai – United Arab Emirates (دبي)
Airport code: DXB
Phone: +971 4 224 5555
DXB Departures today
About Dubai international airport departures
Dubai International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the world (passenger and cargo flights). It is a major destination and ideally located to serve as a hub. The airport is 20 minutes northwest of the city. It is easy to reach by train, bus or taxi. More and more holidaymakers are opting for a Dubai departures. Due to its location between Europe and the Far East, a stopover for a few days is also easy to make.
- Tel Aviv Ben Gurion
- Karachi Jinnah
- London Heathrow
- Delhi Indira Gandhi
- Mumbai airport
It is also the airport where most Airbus A380 and Boeing 777 aircraft land and take off. The airport is located in the district of Al Garhoud. That is about 5 km east of the city. It is located on 2,900 acres of land. There are three terminals at the airport. Terminal 3 is the largest terminal building in the world. It is also known for its durability. A large solar energy system has been built to drink back the energy costs by 30%. The main airlines for passenger flights are FlyDubai and Emirates. They offer more than 60 percent of all Dubai departures at the airport. Despite being able to carry millions of passengers a year, they only use 2 runways.
Dubai airport is also important for the local economy. It provides employment for 100,000 people and indirectly even hundreds of thousands more. The owner of the airport is Dubai Airports Company. They also manage Al Maktoum International Airport.
Terminals Dubai Airport
There are several terminals available.
- Terminal 1 has several floors where the DBX departures are divided with a capacity of 15 million passengers a year. There is 1 concourse, connecting to the boarding gates D.
- Terminal 2 is an older terminal and is mainly used for low-cost airlines such as FlyDubai. Also mainly regional flights from and to will be used here.
- Terminal 3 is the largest with concourse A, B and C. Most of the Emirates flights will be here. Emirates have the most Dubai departures to most destinations to mainly Africa, Europe and Asia.
All Dubai international departures take the long runways of 14,600 (4,450 m) and 13,100 feet (4,000 m). This is also necessary because Emirates is a major consumer of the Airbus A380 aircraft, the largest passenger aircraft available.
Dubai airport passenger statistics
In total, 86,396,757 passengers were transported via the airport in 2019. That was 373,261 DBX airport departures. With a maximum capacity of 90 million, the airport is almost at its max. Since the pandemic, there has been a major drop to 18 million passengers in 2020, the same amount of passengers as in 2003. Fortunately, there has been an increase in 2021 and 2020.
Airlines and destinations from Dubai Airport
The destinations of Dubai International Airport are endless, just like the amount of airlines that can be seen here with DXB flight departures. To name a few:
- Air France from Paris
- Aeroflot and Azur Air from Moscow
- Air Canada from Toronto
- Air India from Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad and more in India.
- Arkia and Israir fly from Tel Aviv
- Air China from Beijing
- British Airways from London
- Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong
- China Eastern and China Southern with Dubai DXB departures to multiple destinations in China.
- FlyDubai has Dubai flight departures many destinations in the region while IndiGo fly often to India.
- KLM has a route to Amsterdam
- Korean Air from Seoul
- Lufthansa from Frankfurt
- Norwegian Air Shuttle from Oslo / Stockholm and Copenhagen
- Singapore Airlines from Singapore
- SpiceJet and Thai Aiways from Bangkok and many more.