Dalaman International Airport
IATA airport code: DLM
ICAO airport code: LTBS
ATM Dalaman Havalimani Dis Hatlar Terminali
48780 Dalaman / Mugla
DLM departures today
Discover Dalaman International Airport Departures
Dalaman International Airport is one of three airports that are the gateway to the seaside and holiday resorts of southwestern Turkey, such as Marmaris, Fethiye and Dalyan. There are up to 5 million passengers with Dalaman airport departures in 2019. Due the pandemic only around 1,5 million passengers made use of the airport last year. The other two airports in the area are Milas-Bodrum Airport and Antalya Airport. There is 1 runway for Dalaman flight departures of 3,000 m (9,742 ft). 4-5 million passengers travel through the airport for mainly travel purposes. Not only from destinations in Europe, but also an annual increase in departures from Istanbul and Ankara. DLM Departures from outside Europe are mainly from the UK with TUI Airways, Easyjet and Jet2.com. Departures from Russia are also popular and often planes from Azur Air, Aeroflot, Ural Airlines and Nordwind Airlines land.
Travel routes Dalaman Airport
Nearly 2 million passengers travel to Dalaman airport via domestic flights. These mainly come from Istanbul with the airlines AnadoluJet, Pegasus Airlines, and Turkish Airlines. Since the region is a holiday area for the summer, there are few flights in winter. In the summer, flights come from different regions. Most charter flights come from central and western Europe. Check out these popular flight routes during summer:
Many Russians like to travel to the Turkish coast. There are flights from all three Moscow airports (Vnukovo, Domodedovo and Sheremetyevo). Several other destinations in the country also offer routes. There are also many charter flights from Germany, Poland and the UK.
- Poland: Warsaw Chopin, Gdansk Lech Walesa, Katowice and Poznan can be reached with the airlines Enter Air and Smartwings Poland at these destinations.
- Germany: Berlin Brandenburg, Hamburg, Nuremberg, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, and Munich. Fly these destinations from Dalaman airport with Corendon Airlines, SunExpress, or TUI fly.
- UK: Belfast, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Norwich, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff, Heathrow, Bristol, Stansted, Doncaster, Gatwick, and Newcastle upon Tyne. This country is a big market for the Turkish destination. Many airlines want to meet the demand of the UK people and offer charter flights from many cities. Some of these airlines include British Airways, Corendon Airlines, Easyjet, Jet2, SunExpress, TUI Airways, and Wizz Air.
- Other: Tallinn, Copenhagen, Dublin, Brussels Zaventem, Amsterdam Schiphol, Vienna, and Zurich.
Terminals Airport Dalaman
There are two terminals for Dalaman departures. The old terminal is used for domestic flights, the new terminal handles international flights. In total, the airport has 25 gates, 20 of Dalaman departures can be connected to an aircraft with a passenger bridge. A total of 57 aircraft can be parked at the same time at Dalaman Airport.
- Terminal 1 is the older terminal which was built in the 80’s. The building consists of several floors divided for passengers arriving and Dalaman airport departures with check-in possibilities. If you want to check in and leave from Dalaman airport you need to be on Levels 2 and/or 3. There are 60 check-in counters in this terminal. After checking in, proceed through security to the Dalaman departures hall. There will be 8 gates with bridges and 4 other gates where you can go to the airport by shuttle or on foot. From this terminal there will be mainly flights to Ankara and the two airports in Istanbul.
- Terminal 2 is a new one and opened in 2018. It is larger than terminal 1 and has a capacity for 5 thousand passengers per hour. They use 87 check-in counters for this. This new terminal was necessary because the airport was growing rapidly in passenger numbers. More and more international, but also local people are interested in the region on the Turkish Riviera. Some destinations that tourists also flock to are Marmaris, Sarigerme, Oludeniz, Kas, Datca, Gocek, and Fethiye. Dalaman airport departures are also handled in this terminal on floors L2 and L3. It is slightly larger than the first terminal and that is why it has been decided to handle international traffic here. It is also one of the largest terminals in the country. After checking in, go to the Dalaman departures hall. The signs indicate which of the 13 gates you should board at. If you have time, you can of course also use the shops and restaurants.
Ground tranportation Dalaman
After arrival at the airport you can continue your journey with a shuttle bus. Havaş and MUTTAS offer some routes. Havaş has two routes, one goes to Marmaris and the other to Fethiye. MUTTAŞ offers the same bus routes including inclusions to Datca.
You can also leave by taxi to your final destination. There are taxis waiting outside the terminal. You could also drive a car yourself by renting one. There are several car rental companies to rent a car and discover the Turkish Riviera.