Dalaman International Airport
Address: 48780 Dalaman / Mugla, Turkey
IATA airport code: DLM
ICAO airport code: LTBS
Alias: Dalaman Mugla Airport
DLM arrivals today
About Dalaman International Airport Arrivals
Many DLM arrivals are only carried out by the airlines Pegasus and Turkish Airlines since the pandemic. The airport is located in the southwest of Turkey and most Dalaman flight arrivals are with charter flights, tourists holidaying on the Turkish Riviera. If you have planned a holiday to Marmaris or Fethiye, you will in almost all cases fly to Dalaman Airport. Dalaman city is hardly visited by tourists. There are 2 terminals en 1 runway to process all the visitors in south west Turkey. There is a capacity to handle more than 30 flights in the terminal at the time. They use a 95 thousand square meter building for this. All the Dalaman arrivals will be handled in the lower tow levels of the terminal.
Flight routes Dalaman Airport
Top routes from DLM
During the winter months, only domestic flights are carried out, with Istanbul being the busiest flight route. The airport is mainly used in the summer months by all seasonal charter flights that come from all over Europe, but also the Middle East and Russia. Many flights come from central Europe, especially Germany. However, most flight routes are to the UK. Some popular routes during the summer months:
- London Gatwick/Heathrow/Luton, Birmingham, Newcastle, Manchester, Glasgow, Bristol, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Cardiff, Norwich, Bournemouth, Aberdeen and Belfast.
- Düsseldorf, Berlin Brandenburg, Frankfurt, Cologne/Bonn, Hannover, Hamburg, Munich, and Stuttgart.
- Vnukovo, Amsterdam, Vienna, Warsaw Chopin, Copenhagen, Brussels
The first Dalaman airport departures took place in 1981. At that time it was not called an airport but an aerodrome. The terminal that was built at the time is still there. It is currently only used for domestic flights. A new terminal has been built that was put into use in 2018. It handles all international traffic.
Terminal Dalaman Airport
Dalaman Airport consists of two terminals and can be reached from the east and west via the D400. The modern international terminal (New International Terminal) opened in July 2018 and is the airport’s main terminal, the other terminal opened in 2006 is used for domestic Dalaman Arrivals.
- Terminal 1: There are four floors with an area of 95 thousand square meters. The lower two floors, Basement and Level 1, are used for the Dalaman airports arrivals. Level 2 and 3 are for passengers that depart from Dalaman. There are a total of 12 gates. Due to a new airport apron there is more space to park aircraft. A new parking lot has also been realized in front of the terminal, which can accommodate more than 500 vehicles.
- Terminal 2: This is a new terminal that was recently opened in 2018. This is now used for international traffic. The airport has more than doubled in terminal size. The floors are the same as in terminal 1, the first two for arrivals and the top two for departing passangers. There are 13 gates available for boarding.
Dalaman Airport passenger statistics
There are more Dalaman Airport arrivals every year for domestic flights. The destination is becoming more and more popular among the Turkish population. International traffic continues to fluctuate between 2 and 3.5 million passengers. In 2019 a record was set with the number of passengers that flew via Dalaman airport. Nearly 5 million people flew through the airport.