Lynden Pindling International Airport
Address: Windsor Field, Island: Nassau / Paradise Island, Bahamas
Time zone: GMT-4
Owner: Nassau Airport Development Company
IATA code: NAS
ICAO code: MYNN
NAS Arrivals today
Lynden Pindling International Airport arrivals
Lynden Pindling Intl Airport is the biggest airport in the Bahamas. Situated 19km away from Nassau, it is also among the busiest airports there in the Caribbean. It’s a major center for Western Air and Bahamasair who offer most Nassau airport arrivals. It is located in the western New Providence islands near the capital city Nassau.
LPIA Shuttle Services
Depending on the plan as what one does, there’re distinct kinds of packages one could go for. Check out the following options you have after your Nassau flight arrivals:
- Shared Ride: It’s a fun way for individuals to experience the Island’s Village, is relishing discounts on the ground transportation via booking the shared-ride van.
- Private Van: When you feel that you need to escape with family, you may book their service of the private van for shore excursion besides enjoying the Ardastra Gardens whilst relying on the timely pickup and drop off.
- Private Sedan: Endure stylish rides with their private sedan for the airport transfers upon your Lynden Pindling arrivals. Book this beautiful transport service that will take you all to Oh Andros, where you taste the Real Bahamian Conch.
- Personal Drivers: Hire their local personal chauffeurs and drivers to visit center Nassau and benefit from visiting Pirate Museum.
- Private SUVs: One can have straight access to their private SUVs, enjoying the door-to-door services around Hill when sightseeing the Fort.
- Taxi Cab: One can book their taxi cab after Nassau arrivals when they desire to see the Bahamian artwork by making it to the National Art Gallery, Bahamas. Taxi to Breezes resort is $22.00 for 2 passengers. There are additional charges for more passers-by.
Taxi to Breezes resort is $22.00 for 2 passengers. There are additional charges for more passers-by.
There are several parking options. Short-term parking for 30 minutes costs $2.05. The longer you park, the cheaper it gets with a daily rate of $20.45. With Long Term Parking the prices apply from 2 days. This costs $22.50 and increases with each additional day by $11.25.
There is also a possibility to drive yourself in a car. Rent a car easily at the airport from Avis, Hertz, Budget, Dollar or Thrifty and discover the island for yourself.
Terminals and runways at Lynden Pindling Airport
This airport has a couple of terminals that handle NAS airport arrivals daily and weekly various US cities. Excluding the United States flights, terminal 1 serves chartered, alongside both domestic and Nassau international airport arrivals .
The United States flights are controlled by terminal no. 2, which even serves the domestic NAS flight arrivals. Both of these terminals have got a single runway. Also, the terminal space is near to both short-time and long-time parking regions. Airport map:
The number 1 runway, i.e., 14/32, measures about 11,000 ft in length, whilst runway 2, i.e., 09/27, measures about 8,300 ft long for all NAS arrivals.
The Lignum Club Lounge is an exclusive lounge for passengers who want just that little bit more comfort. There are options for a private room, business centre, open bar and refreshments. You can sign up at thelignunclub.com. Other lounges: Graycliff, Outdoor Patio, Play Area for kids.
Shopping and drinks/food
There are various shopping options. As an example with the U.S. Departures Terminal has a jewelry, souvenirs, news, duty-free, shirts and Graycliff Airport Lounge. Most of these are Post Security.
If you want to eat and drink something, there are also options. The Bootleggers Bar offers drinks with many televisions showing sports, among other things. There are also choices at Dunkin Donuts, pizzeria, sandwiches, sushi, Wendy’s and Starbucks.
Airlines and destinations At LPIA
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- JetBlue Airways
- Frontier Airlines
- Silver Airways
- Southwest Airlines
The popular domestic Nassau airport arrivals routes from LPIA include:
Popular international Nassau flight arrivals from LPIA include:
- North Eleuthera Airport: Southern Air Charter and West Air
- Exuma International Airport and Grand Bahama International Airport: Nassau airport arrivals by Bahamasair and Western Air
- Cayman Owen Roberts International Airport: British Airways
- Havana José Martí International Airport: Nassau arrivals by Bahamasair
- Panama Tocumen International Airport: Copa Airlines
- Providenciales Airport: LPIA arrivals by National Air Charters and Bahamasair
- London Heathrow Airport: British Airways and Virgin Atlantic
- General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport: Nassau airport arrivals by JetBlue Airways
- Baltimore / Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport: Southwest Airlines
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport: American Airlines
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport: Nassau flight arrivals by American Airlines
- Newark Liberty International Airport: United Airlines and JetBlue
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport: Nassau arrivals by Bahamasair, Southwest and JetBlue Airways
- George Bush Intercontinental Houston Airport: United Airlines
- Orlando International Airport: LPIA arrivals by Bahamasair, Frontier, and JetBlue Airways
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport: United Airlines
In 2011 the fiscal year, it went on to handle 3.1 plus million passengers, also. In July 2009, LPIA unveiled a significant expansion program to handle the growing Lynden Pindling arrivals.
Costing about 409.5 million dollars, the 3-phase extension was finished in Oct 2013. The extension enables LPIA to serve over 5.2 million-plus passengers by the year 2020.