EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg Airport
Address: 68300 Saint-Louis, France
Altitude: 270 m
Phone: +33 3 89 90 31 11
Node for: easyJet Switzerland
IATA airport code: BSL, EAP, MLH
ICAO code: LFSB
Alias: EuroAirport, Basel Airport and Basel Mulhouse Airport
BSL Departures today
MLH Departures today
Euro International Airport departures (Basel Mulhouse Freiburg)
Basel Mulhouse Euro Airport Freiburg is a major international airport in the French city of Saint-Louis. It serves Basel departures for the cities of Basel in Switzerland, Mulhouse in France, and Freiburg in Germany. It is on the north-western outskirts of Basel, the south-eastern outskirts of Mulhouse, and the southwestern outskirts of Freiburg. The French and Swiss governments jointly own this airport. This airport is a base for Belair, which operates Basel Mulhouse Freiburg airport departures on behalf of Air Berlin and EasyJet Switzerland.
Busiest flight routes
- AMS – Amsterdam
- PMI – Mallorca
- LHR – London
- SAW – Istanbul
- FRA – Frankfurt
- LGW – London
- MUC – Munich
- BER – Berlin
- PRN – Pristini
- BCN – Barcelona
The majority of the Basel Euroairport departures are European leisure and to metropolitan destinations. Euro Airport is also one of the few airports in the world that is jointly operated by two countries. The international treaty of 1949 governs this airport. Its headquarters are in Blotzheim, France. The Board of directors in the airport consists of eight Swiss and French members and two German advisors. The airport is split into two sections for Basel Mulhouse departures: French and Swiss. In terms of customs, police work, and medical care, the Swiss section is regulated by Swiss rules.
Terminal at Basel Airport
There is only 1 terminal at the airport. However, this terminal has 4 floors where car park, arrivals area, check-in on Level 3 and Basel departures gates at Level 4. There are separate areas for Schengen and Non-Schengen flights. The terminal is also divided into two parts, a French part and a Swiss Part.
Basel Airport flight routes
The airport has grown considerably in the last 10 years. The Euroairport departures have doubled over time. In 2010 there were still 4 million passengers and in 2019 more than 9 million. In 2020 and 2021 there is a significant decrease due to the corona virus. Most Basel flight departures under normal circumstances go to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. Other popular routes are going to:
- Hamburg Germany, Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport, Porto, Istanbul, Lisbon, Vienna VIE, Nice NCE, Madrid Barajas, Antalya Turkey, Charles de Gaulle Paris, Bordeaux Airport and Skopje.
Euro Airport is a hub for carrier fleets flying to a variety of destinations. Belair and EasyJet Switzerland use it as a hub at the moment. It also manages airline arrivals and Basel airport flight departures, including Austrian Airways, Ryanair, Lufthansa, British Airways, KLM, Pegasus Airlines, Wizz Air and SunExpress.
How to check in?
EuroAirport offers a variety of check-in options to its travelers. The following are the details:
- Online check-in – Passengers can check-in for flights on their airline’s website at least 2 hours before Basel Mulhouse airport departures.
- Basel Airport offers self-service check-in counters to different airlines, allowing them to check in online on their own time.
- Check-in desks are open, with airline and airport personnel happy to assist you in checking in and making your flight a memorable experience.
The baggage allowance varies by airline, so travelers can check with their airline before checking in to learn about their baggage requirements before they have Basel flight departures. This saves a some trouble at the airport and extra unexpected money.
The airline determines where you can be. When booking or checking in, inquire about the airline’s seating arrangements and options.
While Euro Airport services several low-cost airlines, resulting in lower fees, it is always a good idea to check the flight fare from your preferred airline before booking.
- At the time of arrival and Basel Mulhouse Freiburg departures, all travelers, whether Indians or foreigners are subjected to an immigration search.
- At both the point of entry and Basel airport departures, passports are checked.
- Before leaving the immigration counter, passengers can double-check if their passports have been properly stamped. Foreign visitors to India must only fill out Arrival Cards, while Indians must fill out Departure Cards at the time of BSL departures.
Passengers are asked to fill out the following details on these cards:
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Day of Arrival / Date of Boarding,
- Flight Number
Although an immigration stamp is not incorrectly not affixed to the traveler’s passport by the counter officer at the immigration checkpoint, the passenger may immediately contact the concerned to have it affixed to his or her passport to avoid inconvenience while having Basel departures again.