ARN departures today
Edvard Munchs Veg,
N-2060 Gardermoen, NORWAY
Phone: +47 (0)64 812000
Fax: +47 (0)64 812001
Owner: Oslo Lufthavn AS (part of Avinor)
IATA code: OSL
ICAO code: ENGM
Meet Stockholm Arlanda Airport: The Largest Airbase In Sweden’s Capital City
You may have heard about Stockholm, its nearby beaches and the amount of sightseeing you can do there. If you want to know this beautiful capital city of Sweden, you may need to land at its main airport. The Arlanda aerial installation in Stockholm is waiting for you to start your days of sightseeing.
Get to know in depth the busiest airport in the city, how big its terminal is, and the services it offers you. You can also find out about the history of the air terminal, its hub flights, and what destinations in Sweden it can give you.
Stockholm Arlanda Airport, or ESSA, opened its doors on April 1, 1962, although it has operated as an airfield since 1959. This airport was built with the sole objective of promoting tourism in the capital city of Sweden. The Swedish government operates an airbase where you will have hub flights with Ryanair, Novair, Scandinavian Airlines, and Norwegian Air Shuttle.
The IATA Arlanda in Stockholm and the Stockholm-Bromma airport are the most frequented in all of Sweden. It is an airport that broke a record in 2017 by accommodating 27 million passengers between various national and international destinations.
Arlanda Airport is located in the municipality of Sigtuna, very close to the city of Marsta in Sweden. It is an airport that is 23 miles from the city center of Stockholm, so it is easy to locate.
When you arrive at Arlanda International Airport in Stockholm, you can have some means of ground transportation. You can save money on these transportation services that can take you to almost any destination:
• You can take a bus with companies like Flixbus, Flygbussarna or Vy Bus4you that will take you to the city center. The routes run 24 hours a day throughout the week for you to take without problems.
• You can go to Stockholm Central Station to take the railway that can take you almost anywhere. You can go to Central Uppsala, Rosersberg, or Stockholm City as your main destination.
• On the outskirts of the terminal, you will have taxi services that can take you to the city in approximately 1 hour. These services are expensive, so you should think carefully before taking them.
• If you rent a car at the air terminal, you must take the E4 highway that will connect you with the capital city.
• You can take the Uppsala Express train to go to Uppsala or Stockholm as such.
At the airport, you will have three runways available that you can identify by:
• Runway 01L-19R: It is 10,830 feet long.
• Runway 01R-19L: It is 8,202 feet long.
• Runway 26-08: It is 8,202 feet long.
All the runways at the airport have an asphalt surface and can accommodate 100,000 flights per year.
Arlanda Airport is a priority for the city of Stockholm because of the size of its terminal. The terminal is divided into four buildings with the addresses of T1, T2, T3, and T4, where you can find:
• Sky City shopping area
• Hotel zone
• More than 80 boarding gates
• Terminal for domestic flights and terminal for international flights
• Commercial premises
• Car rentals
• Free wifi zone
• Taxi service
At the airport, you will have several airlines at your disposal; among the most relevant are:
• Air France
• Air China
• Air Serbia
• Poppy Flyg
• Air Leap
• LOP Polish Airlines
• Corendon Airlines
• Scandinavian Airlines
• TUI Airways
As part of the 20 most frequented countries that you can visit from Arlanda airport in Stockholm are:
Germany, United Kingdom, Spain, Thailand, Russia, Austria, United States, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Greece, Portugal, Qatar, Estonia, United Arab Emirates, Switzerland, Turkey, Netherlands, and France.
Stockholm airport departures
Stockholm flight departures
ARN airport departures
Stockholm Arlanda international airport departures
Stockholm Arlanda departures
Arlanda airport departures
Stockholm Arlanda flight departures