Aeropuerto de Valencia
Address: Carretera Aeropuerto s / n,
46940 Manises (Valencia), Spain
IATA airport code: VLC
ICAO airport code: LEVC
Alias: Manises Airport
Phone: (+34) 91 321 10 00
VLC arrivals today
Valencia International airport arrivals
The airport in Manises is west of the city of Valencia. It is in the region of Alicante, which is another popular holiday destination. There are quite some flights year round but in the summer there is a big increase by people who want to enjoy a holiday during that period. The airline carriers Ryanair, Vueling and Iberia offer the most flights. Valencia Airport has one runway and a single terminal. The city center can be easily reached by metro, bus and taxi.
Location for Valencia airport arrivals
Valencia Airport is located west of the city and is fastest accessible via the A-3 motorway (Autovia del Este) and the V-11. If you are coming from the north or south of Spain, it is best to choose the A-7 or AP-7 motorway, so you avoid the crowds in the city.
The airport has a well-organized terminal, the Valencia arrivals hall is on the ground floor (Floor 0), the departure hall is located on the first floor (Floor 1). You will also will find check-in desks 1 to 42 on the right, check-in desks 43 to 63 on the left and the security check (control de seguridad) in the middle. After the security check you will reach gates 1 to 22 via ‘zona comercial’. Valencia metro station is located under the terminal on floor -1, accessible by escalator, stairs and elevator.
Transport to/from Valencia airport
The distance to the center of Valencia is 10 kilometres. It takes 15 minutes by car to get to the center of the city.
- Metro: the red line 3 and the green line 5 of the metro will take you to the Xàtiva metro station (zone A) in the center of the city in about 20 minutes. Valencia Airport is in zone D. The airport metro station is on floor -1 of the terminal, after you have arrived you must walk to the left in the Valencia flight arrivals hall. On average, a metro has every 5 to 10 minutes VLC airport arrivals. The football stadium of Valencia CF (Estadio de Mestalla) is directly accessible by metro line 5 from Valencia Airport. It will take you in 25 minutes to the nearby Aragón metro station.
- Bus: another travel option that you have is the bus. This is a cheaper option than traveling with the metro. Bus line 150 runs from Valencia Airport via the places Manises, Quart de Poblet and Mislata to Valencia city. Tickets are available from the bus driver. The bus runs on average every 30 minutes to and from the airport. The bus station of Valencia Airport is opposite the Valencia airport arrivals hall, between the terminal and parking garage P1.
The airport is a base for Ryanair. It is therefore not surprising that most VLC arrivals are from that company. Many of these flights go to Italia, Spain, UK, Poland and France. Other airlines with Valencia flight arrivals are with the national airlines Air Europa and Iberia. Some other options:
- Air France, Alitalia, Blue Air, British Airways, Easyjet, Eurowings,, KLM, Lufthansa, Swiss Air, TAP Air Portugal, Turkish Airlines, Wizz Air and Vueling.
Many of the destinations are in Spain itself or to the north of Europe. The domestic Valencia arrivals come from the following cities:
- Jerez de la Frontera
- Santiago de Compostela
- Malaga and some more.
There are also many seasonal flights to this city that is interesting for many tourists as a city trip. For that, many people will consider Valencia airport arrivals from
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, Nantes, and Paris Orly
- Fiumicino Airport Rome, Milan Malpensa
- Heathrow airport London, Bristol, and Gatwick airport
- Stuttgart, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Munich, and Frankfurt
- Amsterdam Schiphol and Eindhoven
- Budapest, Bari, Charleroi, Warsaw Modlin, Prague Airport, Lisbon Portugal, and Bucharest.
Passenger statistics Valencia Airport
The airport has experienced an immense growth since 2014 when 4.6 million passengers use the airport. The Valencia arrivals have increased to 8.5 million in 2019. In 2020, however, there is a big drop to 2.6 million passengers. The year 2021 brought 4 million passengers through the airport.