Address: 07611 Palma, Balearic Islands, Spain
Phone: +34 913 21 10 00
Airport IATA Code : PMI
Elevation: 8.23 m
PMI departures today
Discover Palma Airport Departures
Palma de Mallorca Airport (IATA abbreviation: PMI), also known as Son Sant Juan Airport, is the busiest holiday airport in Europe. In 2019, almost 30 million passengers used the airport with over 100 thousand Mallorca airport departures. It is the third largest airport in Spain, after Madrid and Barcelona. It is also known as Son Sant Joan Airport. The airport is located 5 miles east of the city of Palma.
The first Palma airport departures took place in 1921 for post flights. Flights for tourists only took place in 1935 to Madrid via Valencia. Pretty soon the airlines Lufthansa and Iberia started to carry out Palma departures. It was first located in Son Bonet and later in 1958 a new base was started which is now Palma de Mallorca Airport. International traffic only started from 1960. Due to its popularity, the airport has been continuously expanded and improved. Passenger traffic growth was the last two decades slow but steady to an 28.7 million in 2019. Because it’s a popular holiday destination and corona hit Europa there have been a big drop in Palma flight departures to European destinations. Only 6.1 million passengers for the year 2020. The domestic flights were still going although less frequent. The cancellation of many flights from Europe will hopefully start again in summer 2021.
Transport by Bus and Taxi to/from the airport
- The buses of EMT line 1 run have Mallorca departures between 6:30 am and 2:30 pm every 15 minutes from the airport to the center of Palma de Mallorca (Paseo Mallorca), and on to the port. A ticket costs 2 Euro, and the journey takes half an hour. The buses leave in front of the terminal, at exit D.
- Taxis run all day and are of course more expensive but also more convenient.
The terminal is designed by Pere Nicolau Bover and opened in 1997. The terminal is subdivided into 4 Palma de Mallorca departures halls, called Module A, B, C and D:
- Module A is the former Terminal A and is located to the north. There are 28 gates here to process all the Mallorca airport departures. It is primarily intended for flights that are Non-Schengen as well as destinations in Ireland and the UK. For these routes there are largely seasonal flights, which means that this part is often not open in the winter.
- Module B is the former Terminal B. This is smaller than A and has only 8 gates available. Palma airport departures will be flown with Air Nostrum to regional destinations such as Ibiza, Menorca, Valencia and Asturias.
- Module C is to the east and the largest with 33 gates to depart from. Here are Palma de Mallorca airport departures to Schengen countries by the airlines Easyjet, Condor and Norwegian Air.
- Module D has 19 gates and is located to the south. There are gates here where you have to take a bus transfer to the plane. Here are mainly Palma departures to Europe.
Destinations and Airlines
It is an airport where there are many seasonal flights due to the climate and location. The busiest routes with most Majorca departures are going to Germany. These destinations are Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Cologne, Stuttgart and Hannover. The flights are largely operated by the carriers Lufthansa, Ryanair, Condor, Easyjet, Sundair and TUI. Other top destinations are Manchester and London-Gatwick in the UK flown by Jet2, British Airways, TUI, Easyjet and Ryanair.
Less Palma flight departures but still important are Aer Lingus to Cork and Dublin, Air Europe to Madrid, Barcelona, Paris-Orly, Air France to Paris-CDG, Alitalia to Rome-Fuimicino and Milan-Linate, Austrian Airlines to Vienna, British Airways to London Heathrow and City, Edinburgh and Glasgow, Brussels Airlines to Brussels, Corendon to Basel and Amsterdam, Edelweiss Air to Zurich, Eurowings to many German cities, Iberia to Madrid, Jet2 to Birmingham, Swiss Air Lines to Geneva and Zurich, Transavia to Paris-Orly, Amsterdam and Lyon and many more Palma de Mallorca departures.
Aeropuerto Palma de Mallorca
07071 Palma de Mallorca