Address: 07611 Palma de Mallorca, Islas Baleares, Spain
IATA airport code: PMI
ICAO airport code: LEPA
Alias: Palma de Mallorca Airport and Son Sant Joan Airport
PMI arrivals today
About Palma Airport Arrivals
Mallorca airport is one of the busiest in Spain. If you look at all Mallorca airport arrivals, they are the third busiest airport in the country after Barcelona and Madrid.. In Spanish, the airport is called Aeropuerto de Palma de Mallorca. It is mainly used for holiday Palma arrivals. More than 29 million people use this airport the last few years with the exception of 2020. In summer it is a lot busier here than winter and it is one of the busiest airports in Europe.
The airport is located on the south side of the Spanish island of Mallorca. It is about 5 miles (8 km) from the city Palma de Mallorca.
Transport to/from Mallorca Airport
You will have Palma arrivals by car or taxi from the center of Palma within 20 minutes. It is located about 10 kilometers from the airport. The famous resort area of El Arenal is about 6 kilometers from the airport. A drive would be around 15 minutes.
Terminal and runways
There are two runways for all Mallorca arrivals that are 10,700 and 9,850 feet long. At the terminal there are different areas called Modules A, B, C and D. These areas have Palma flight arrivals from Schengen and Non-Schengen. The total amount of gates are 88 of which are 27 air bridges. There are some older parts and newer renovated parts which you can clearly see. The airport has mainly Palma de Mallorca arrivals during the summer since it’s a popular holiday destination. Many of the European Mallorca airport arrivals are seasonal.
There is a big PMI arrivals hall at floor 0:
Airlines and destinations
There are many airlines that offer many destinations from Mallorca to mostly European countries. The airlines with most Palma airport arrivals are:
- Vueling – destinations to Copenhagen, Munich, Malaga, Paris-CDG, Amsterdam, Paris-Orly, Seville, Stuttgart, Zurich, Lisbon and some more Spanish cities.
- Wizz Air: destinations to London-Luton, Vienna, Bucharest, Budapest, Doncaster, Dortmund, Katowice and Warsaw.
- TUI Airways: Aberdeen, Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London-Gatwick/Luton/Stansted, Manchester, Cork and Dublin.
- Easyjet: Basel, Berlin, Liverpool, London, Manchester.
- Eurowings: Bologna, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Nuremberg, Hannover, Bremen, Dortmund.
- Ryanair: Bergamo, Charleroi, Eindhoven, Frankfurt, Madrid, Malaga, Naples, Rome-Ciampino, Weeze, Belfast, Bratislava, Newcastle.
Of course there are more Palma de Mallorca airport arrivals with carriers like Aer Lingus, Air Europa, Air France, British Airways, Condor, Corendon, Edelweiss, Iberia, Lufthansa, Norwegian Air, S7 Airlines, Sunclass Airlines, Transavia, Volotea.
Germany has by far the most routes and flights to this Spanish island in the Mediterranean Sea.
The airport has been growing in number of passengers per year over the last 20 years. In 2019 they reached the highest number ever: 29,721,123 passengers. That were 217 thousand Palma flight arrivals. In 2020 there was a significant setback and only 6 million people used the airport. As long as the pandemic continues to rule, numbers will be disappointing and many German tourists will remain in their own country.