Aeropuerto de Ibiza
Address: 07817 Sant Jordi de ses Salines, Islas Baleares, Spain
Phone: (+34) 91 321 10 00
IATA airport code: IBZ
ICAO airport code: LEIB
Alias: Eivissa Airport
IBZ Arrivals today
Discover Ibiza Airport Arrivals
The popular holiday destination started in 1949 with the first Ibiza arrivals for tourists. For reasons that are still unclear, the airport was closed a few years later, only to start again in 1958 with IBZ flight arrivals after the popularity rapidly increased in the Balearic Islands. These were mainly routes to mainland Spain such as Barcelona, Madrid and Valencia. In the years since then, several expansions and improvements have been made to the airport to increase Ibiza airport arrivals.
Ibiza is known for its beaches and parties, in addition you can experience a beautiful sunset. Ibiza Airport is of great importance for the popular island of Ibiza and less well-known island of Formentera.
Passenger numbers are slowly growing over the years. In 1998 there were less than 4 million passengers and since then the Ibiza flight arrivals have grown to more than 8 million passengers in the year. This was only 2 million people in 2020 because of the pandemic.
Location of Ibiza Airport
The airport is located southwest of Ibiza Town, the capital that is officially called Eivissa. Ibiza Airport is easily accessible by road via the roads PM-801 and PM-803. Ibiza Town or Eivissa is located near the airport, within 15 minutes you are in the city (8 kilometers).
Terminal and airlines
The airport has a terminal, north of the only runway of 2,800 meters. Here come all IBZ airport arrivals with the major airlines:
- Air Europa
- Air France
- British Airways
Ibiza Airport flight routes
Over the last 20 years, Ibiza airport arrivals and destinations have grown as well. The airport and island also remains popular with the Spanish population with many domestic flights from:
- Santiago de Compostela
From Europe, the island is well found by the tourist. There are Ibiza airport arrivals from the following airports:
- Paris Orly, Bordeaux and Charles de Gaulle, Toulouse, and Marseille
- Milan Bergamo, Milan Malpensa, Rome Fiumicino, Turin, Naples, Catania, Verona, Bologna, Pisa, Treviso, Palermo, and Bari
- London Gatwick, London Stansted, Southampton, Manchester, Birmingham, and Edinburgh
- Nuremberg, Hannover, Cologne-Bonn, and Hamburg
- Helsinki Vantaa
- Budapest and many more.
Ground transportation at Ibiza Airport
- One of the options to get to the center of Ibiza Town is the bus. Line 10 runs all year round from the airport to the city center. There are arrivals every 20 minutes Ibiza center or Ibiza airport. This may be a bit more frequent during the summer months and a bit less during the winter months. Via Sant Jordi de ses Salines he drives to the harbour; Puerto de Ibiza. A single journey costs 3.5 euros, which you can pay at the bus driver. The travel time is 20-30 minutes. There are no night buses. Then we recommend the taxi.
- If you prefer to drive by taxi, there is a lot of convenience. For about €20 you drive to the center of Ibiza Town or to your final destination. There can sometimes be a long queue for the taxis. Ordering a taxi via the internet is therefore certainly not a luxury.
- Renting a car at the airport is also very easy. There are several and well-known car rental companies operating. Well-known brands such as Europcar, Hertz, and Avis are also included.