Josep Tarradellas Barcelona–El Prat Airport
Address: 08820 El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Phone: (+34) 91 321 1000
IATA airport code: BCN
ICAO airport code: LEBL
Alias: Barcelona El Prat Josep Tarradellas Airport and Barcelona El Prat Airport
BCN Arrivals today
About Barcelona El Prat Airport arrivals
Barcelona Airport is one of the busiest airports in Europe, close to the popular holiday destination Barcelona. It consists of two terminals for domestic and international Barcelona airport arrivals. Those are connected by a free shuttle bus and the metro. Since February 27, 2019, the official name of Barcelona Airport is El Prat Josep Tarradellas Airport, as a tribute to the former president of Catalonia.
Barcelona Airport is located just southwest of Barcelona, near the town of El Prat de Llobregat. The airport is easily accessible by road via the B-20 from the north and the C-32 from the south. The location of the airport is around 9 miles (15 km) away from Plaça de Catalunya which is the center of Barcelona. It’s a drive of 25 minutes by car but after BCN airport arrivals there are other options to arrive in the center as well.
Ground transportation Barcelona El Prat airport
Travel by bus after Barcelona arrivals to the center.
- There are several options for this. The Aerobús has arrivals at both terminals and runs from Plaça Catalunya. There are also El Prat airport arrivals every 10 minutes from the center. The price is around 6 euros. There are also metropolitan buses going both to the center and other locations. Not every bus also stops at both terminals. There are also night buses for late Barcelona flight arrivals. Then there are also intercity buses that take you to other villages / cities in the area and even to Valencia. Finally, there are also international Barcelona El Prat airport arrivals from Flixbus, Andbus and Directbus. Routes are offered from Sant Julia, Andorra, Geneva, Marseille, Nice etc.
- If you want to leave immediately after arrival in your own transport to your indicated location, it is perhaps better to take a taxi. These are ready in front of the terminal after the Barcelona airport arrivals hall. The price to the center is approximately 25 to 30 euros.
- If you want to travel privately but cheaper, you can travel via Rideshares. Cabify, Lyft, Uber and Free Now are available in Barcelona. Keep in mind that an airport pick up fee of 4.20 euros must also be paid.
- You can also travel and have BCN arrivals from to the center by train. Arrival at the airport is at terminal 2. The train will then take you to Barcelona Sants Estació in 19 minutes or to Passeig de Gràcia in 26 minutes. You pay around 5 euros for this.
- Travel with Metro L9 South also to Barcelona city. Journey time is approximately 30 minutes and there are Barcelona airport arrivals at both terminals. Depending on your destination, you will at some point have to transfer to Metro L1, L3 or L5. This price is also around 5 euros. There are BCN airport arrivals from 5 a.m. to midnight and even until 2 a.m. on the weekend on Friday and all night Saturday to Sunday.
Barcelona arrivals at the terminals
The airport consists of Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 (A, B, C). The terminals some kilometers apart. A shuttle bus runs between the two terminals every couple minutes. El Prat arrivals at Terminal 2 is mainly used by low-cost airlines such as Ryanair, Transavia and EasyJet. T2A is used for non-Schengen flights, T2B for Schengen flights and T2C by EasyJet.
Terminal 1 is a large and modern terminal. The departure hall is on Floor 1 (gates A, B, C) and Floor 3 (gates D, E / non-Schengen). For the BCN arrivals you arrive at the arrivals hall on Floor 1.
Airlines with BCN airport arrivals
The airline with the most Barcelona El Prat arrivals is Vueling with more than 20 million passengers in 2019. With 8 million passengers the carrier Ryanair is really important. Other airlines with frequent flights are the following:
- Iberia, Easyjet, Lufthansa, Air Europa, Norwegian Air, Wizz Air, British Airways
- United Airlines, Transavia, Turkish Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airways, KLM
- Jet2, Eurowings, Delta Air, Austrian Airlines, American Airlines, Aer Lingus, Air France, and many more.
Destinations and passenger statistics
- Rome Fiumicino
- Milan Malpensa
- Amsterdam Schiphol
- Paris Charles de Gaulle
- Mahon Menorca
Some of these routes are seasonal. There are also flights to Latin America, Asia and the Middle East.
In 2019, more than 52 million passengers used the airport. The Catalan airport is home to the Spanish airline Vueling, which carries around 35% of the total Barcelona Airport arrivals (Llegadas al aeropuerto de Barcelona) at the airport. In 2020, the Barcelona El Prat airport arrivals have fallen sharply due to the pandemic. With a decrease of more than 75%, the number of passengers came to 12,739,259 in 2020. Despite the fact that more routes will be flown again in 2021, the 50 million will not be reached. It is important to see that there is recovery and that there are first back towards the 200 thousand Barcelona flight arrivals.