GMP Departures today
Address: 112 Haneul-gil, Gangseo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Height: 18 m
Owner: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport
Get To Know Gimpo international airport departures
Gimpo International Airport (formerly known as Kimpo International Airport) is located on the western edge of the city of Seoul. It is considered the second-largest terminal in South Korea, the first being Incheon International Airport.
Gimpo Airport is located about 15 km (9 miles) west of Seoul; Gimpo is south of the Han River in the west of the capital. It has that name due to its proximity to the city of Gimpo. It mainly operates domestic flights and some international Seoul Gimpo departures to nearby countries.
Before the arrival of Incheon International Airport in 2001, Gimpo was the main airport in Seoul and South Korea to process Seoul Gimpo flight departures. It is now the secondary airport of the city of Seoul. For 2019, some 25,448,416 passengers used this airport, making it the third-largest airport. In 2020 there have been a drop of a third in GMP airport departures because of the pandemic.
This airport was built during the Japanese imperial period as a base for the imperial army between 1935 and 1942 to serve Seoul Gimpo airport departures.
- GMP departures via Railway: On March 23, 2007, the express line from AREX Airport to Incheon International Airport began to operate. It had an extension with the Seoul station that was inaugurated in December 2010.
- Seoul Gimpo departures by bus: There are several bus services from the airport to the surrounding areas. In addition, there are numerous stops outside the national and international Arrivals Halls. Urban lines travel to Seoul Station, Gochon, Gaehwa, Haseong, Gimpo, Gwanghwamun, Dangsan, Banghwa Dong, and Sinchon. There are also GMP airport departures by limousine buses that go up and down from national terminal No.5. They go to Seoul University, Jamsil, Gwangmyung, Incheon Airport, Yeongdeungpo, Dongdaemun, Dobong, and Seongdong.
- Be on time for your Gimpo flight departures via subway: Subway Line 5 travels from the following locations: Banghwa to Sangil-dong and Macheon and has intermediate stops at Kkachisan, Gaehwasan, Yeongdeungpo, Chungjeongno, Singil, Gongdeok. Line 9 connects Gaehwa with Sinnonhyeon, Seonyudo, Dangsan, Magongnaru, Yangcheon Hyanggyo, and the express bus terminal.
Gimpo International Airport has two passenger terminals to process Seoul Gimpo airport departures that are the domestic flight terminal and the international terminal:
- Domestic flights terminal: it is known as terminal two and operates mainly domestic or domestic GMP departures. It has four levels, and its location is on platform 8.
- International terminal: The international terminal of the Gimpo airport has flights with nearby countries and is known as terminal one for Seoul Gimpo departures. It also has four floors, and its location is on platform 5.
Both have food areas, restaurants, cafes, banks, ATMs, baby care facilities, currency exchange, Wi-Fi, etc.