Address: Khimki, Moscow Oblast, Russia, 141400
Departments: VIP-зал Шереметьево
Height: 190 m
Phone: +7 495 578-65-65
Node for: Aeroflot, Rossiya Russian Airlines, Nordwind Airlines, Pegas Fly, Royal Flight
Getting ready for Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport Flight departures?
Sheremetyevo Airport, also known as Sheremetyevo Alexander S. Pushkin International Airport, is located in Moscow. This is one of the biggest and most popular international airports in Russia. The international airport is one out of four airports that primarily serves Moscow airport departures.
It has the most Sheremetyevo departures in all of Russia. In Europe, it lands at the fifth spot in the list of the busiest airports in Europe. This international airport was originally constructed like a Russian military airbase. In 1959, it was converted into a commercial one, and commercial Sheremetyevo airport departures began shortly after. As of 2019, the airport handled at least 49.9 million passengers that flew in and out of Moscow. The year 2020 gave 60% less Moscow Sheremetyevo departures with a total of 19,7 million passengers.
There are several terminals at the airport where domestic and international Moscow Sheremetyevo departures take place. One part lies to the north and one to the south. The northern terminals are Terminal B and C.
- Terminal B was demolished and rebuilt in 2015. In 2018 new SVO airport departures were possible where Aeroflot had the first flight to Saratov. The new capacity is 20 million passengers per year. Only domestic Sheremetyevo flight departures will take place here. If you have a transfer at the airport, the Aeroexpress railway station would easily take you to the southern terminals where international flights are handled.
- Terminal C has also been renovated to accommodate 20 million passengers each year. The terminal reopened in 2020 for Sheremetyevo airport departures. There will be another expansion which is scheduled to open in 2026. The next terminals are the Southern Terminals.
- Terminal D was responsible for domestic flights during the renovations of the northern terminals. They are still responsible for the domestic SVO flight departures of mainly the airline Rossiya Airlines. There are some international routes.
- Terminal E is also a fairly new building which opened in 2010. Here, mainly international Sheremetyevo departures are performed by Aeroflot and the partners who are in the SkyTeam.
- Terminal F has the same design as Hannover Airport and is also used for international flights.
- Terminal G will be a new terminal that should be completed in 2024 for SVO departures.
Flights and destinations
Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport have six terminals, out of which four terminals are used for international SVO airport departures. One is used for domestic flights and one for privately chartered planes. One terminal is still under construction. The airport is situated around 29 kilometres from central Moscow. It is located in Khimki, Moscow Oblast.
In 2018, the airport authorities reported an approximately 14.3% increase in tens of passengers, taking the numbers from 40.1 million to 45.8 million. The airport continues to experience high aircraft traffic year by year until 2020 of course. Sheremetyevo flight departures serves as the primary hub for the Russian flag carrier Aeroflot and Rossiya Airlines. It is also used by Nordwind Airlines, Pegas Fly, Ural, And Royal Flight. These flights go to many places within Russia and outside, including London, California, New York, Sydney, st Petersburg, Rome, Mumbai, Seoul, Warsaw and much more.
Get ready for SVO flight departures
The passengers can get to Sheremetyevo Airport by using the very convenient Aeroexpress trains. These trains have SVO departures to Belorussky Railway Station. One can also reach the station or city with a private vehicle or public transport such as buses and taxis. Public transportation will be a more cost-efficient and cheaper option. Those who reach the airport with a private vehicle can use the airport parking facility. They will have to pay the parking fees for this service.
Contact airport officials at the airport
When the passengers arrive at the airport, they can contact the airport employees, and staff assists them with the check-in and security checks in case you never experienced Sheremetyevo airport departures. For flight details and updates, the passengers can check their flight timing and scheduling at the SVO flight departures boards.
If any passenger has lost their documents for travel, they can contact the information and help desk. They will even make announcements to request anyone who has found the belongings or the documents on behalf of the passenger.
Parking lots will be available for the passengers in each terminal. The passengers can find more information about the parking facilities on the airport website under the parking section. Passengers should note that they will have to pay RUB 1,000 as a fine if they leave their vehicle outside the parking in the premises surrounding the Sheremetyevo International Airport. People with disabilities are offered free parking service.