Timișoara Traian Vuia International Airport
str. Aeroport, No. 2, 307200 Ghiroda – Timiş,
ON. 7 C.P. 1375, Timisoara, Romania
Tel: +40 (0) 256 493639
Owner: Societatea Naţională Aeroportul Internaţional Timişoara – Traian Vuia S.A
IATA code: TSR
ICAO code: LRTR
TSR Arrivals today
Get To Know Timișoara Traian Vuia International Airport arrivals
If you want to travel for business or pleasure to Romania, you can land at the airport for Timișoara arrivals. The airport ranks third among the most used in Romania, followed by Cluj airport in Cluj. You can know in detail the air terminal, its special characteristics, and why you should prioritize traveling to it and have Timișoara flight arrivals.
Popular flight routes
By far the most busy flight route is to Bucharest Henri Coanda which is located in Romania as well. You can fly this route with the airlines Tarom and Blue Air. Timișoara itself is not typically a seasonal destination. There are flights that continue throughout the year. The airport itself does offer seasonal charter flights with various airlines to destinations further south. These are:
Especially Antalya is a popular destination for the people from the Timișoara region. In season you can fly to this destination with Air Bucharest, Animawings, Freebird and Tarom. Popular year round flight routes:
- Brussels South Charleroi
- Paris Beauvais-Tille
- Spain: Barcelona El Prat, Madrid, and Valencia
- UK: London Luton
- Germany: Dortmund, Memmingen, Cologne/Bonn, Frankfurt, Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden, and Munich
- Prague Vaclav Havel
- Italy: Bergamo, Treviso, Bologna, Bari, and Rome FCO
The first air base inaugurated in Timisoara was 1935 with the first TSR airport arrivals, but it was destroyed with the Second World War conflict. By 1964 the Timisoara airport was officially opened by the Ministry of Transport as its sole owner. This airport focuses on airlines such as Wizz Air and TAROM that provide flights throughout Europe and have most Traian Vuia airport arrivals.
The airport has gained fame for being the only number to be certified with the European Aviation Safety Agency. After this organization approved that airports like Cluj and Iasi.
Location for Timișoara Traian Vuia arrivals
You can have the airport just a few miles from the capital of Timisoara in Timi county. The airbase is located in the Banat region, exactly in the commune of Ghiroda.
When you arrive at the airport, you can take some profitable means of public transport such as:
- Timișoara airport arrivals by bus: You can take the public bus of the STPT operator with the E4 Bart line that will take you to Piata Badea Cartan, Piata 700, Ghiroda, etc. If you take the E4 line, you can reach Bastion, Piata Badea Cartan, or Cartier Aeroport.
- TSR arrivals by car: You must take the European route E70 that connects the aerial installation with the commune of Ghiroda 12 km away. The rental companies available at the airport are Hertz, Avis, and Budget.
- Timișoara arrivals by train: In the next few years, a train route will be inaugurated from Timisoara airport to the most frequented destinations.
The Timisoara air terminal was inaugurated in 2018 to expand its checkpoints, customs, Timișoara flight arrivals, and services in general. By 2019, the terminal welcomed more than 1.5 million people in at least 17 thousand aircraft movements. This is a lot more TSR airport arrivals than a couple years before. Due the pandemic there have been a decrease in 2020 and 2021.
You can have restaurants, commercial stores, showrooms, a large plaza, and hotel services in this terminal. You can also have TAROM, Euro wing, Blue Air, etc. to offer Timișoara Traian Vuia airport arrivals at the terminal.
It is expected to expand the terminal among plans and place some extra services to improve passenger comfort. The Timisoara airport operator wants to list a hotel as one of those prominent services that will promote tourism in the city.