مطار حمد الدولي, Maṭār Ḥamad al-Duwalī
IATA airport code: DOH
ICAO airport code: OTBD
Call center and lost property
Phone + 974 4010 6666
Address: P.O Box 24659, Doha, Qatar
Qatar Hamad Airport Departures
DOH departures today
About Doha international airport departures
All the Qatar Airport departures take place at Hamad International Airport. The airport is located in the Doha district and is therefore also called Doha Airport. It is located 9 miles east of the city. When you arrive at the airport you will see that there is a very new and modern terminal.
The new airport has only been in existence since 2014. The main carrier is Qatar Airways, which offers destinations all over the world. The airport is also widely used as a hub as a kind of connecting bridge between Europe and Asia. Hamad Airport has also been awarded the best airport of the year 2021. There is 1 large terminal that is divided into different concourses. There are two runways, the longest of which is 4,850 metres/15,910 feet.
By taxi you will be in the center in approximately 20 minutes. The costs for this are 45-55 QAR, depending on the time of the day. You could also travel by bus or metro. DOH airport departures by metro are available all day long and the journey time is only 15 minutes.
Doha flight departures map:
Terminal at Doha airport
This terminal is only a few years old (2014). Doha Hamad airport departures take place at level 1. Upon arrival, you will then go to level 0 via the passport control where the baggage reclaim area is. For DOH departures your journey also starts at level 0. Here are the check-in counters. Via the customs you go to level 1 to board at the gates. There is also a level 2 that is mainly used as a transfer area. At level 1 you can go to the different Concourses called A, B, C, D and E. There is an expansion at the airport to create more Doha Airport departures. Capacity will eventually reach 53 million passengers per year. Important to mention is that it has 2 long runways to handle Qatar departures for the largest aircraft in the world. There are also several gates at the airport especially for the Airbus A380. The longest runway of the two is nearly 16,000 feet in length.
There are many airport lounges available. The Al Safwa (First) and Al Mourjan (Business) lounges are located on the third level Duty Free Plaza South. Then you also have the First Class and Business Class lounges on the second level Duty Free Plaza South. You can use this if you are a frequent flyer (Emerald and Sapphire) of Oneworld Airlines. The Mariner Lounge is located on the same floor.
There are also lounges that you can use upon arrival. You can enter these before and after immigration.
For a world class experience we recommend Al Maha and Orxy Lounges.
There is also an Unaccompanied Minors Lounge. There are trained attendants to look after the kids. The kids can enjoy the play areas, video games and refreshments and snacks.
There is a Doha airport hotel located at the airside of the terminal. You can use this before your flight to relax or use the facilities. You pay for a minimum use of 5 hours and a maximum of 24 hours. A Doha airport transit will fly by so quickly. In addition to the comfortable rooms (Superior, Deluxe, Family and Suite), there are various facilities. You can use the swimming pool, fitness center, squash, and wellness center.
The ‘Oryx Airport Hotel -Transit Only’ is rated with an 8.6 with thousands of reviews on Booking.com. It also scores well on Google reviews.
If you have questions about Covid 19 at and around the airport you can check out the latest updates. Those are on the official website of the Hamad International Airport. The measure that are taken are based on the guidance of the Minitry of Public Health in the country Qatar. Please check out latest FAQs: Covid 19 impact faqs
Lost and found Doha Airport
If there are items that you lost on your flight, please contact via the following email address:
- Qatar Airways: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other Airlines: email@example.com
When there are information desks of the carriers in the airport you could check out over there too.
If you lost something at the airport in the terminal, please contact the via the following or go to one of the information desks:
- (+974) 4010 6666
Doha Airport passenger statistics
Looking at the amount of passengers there were 38,786,422 last year. That is a 12.4 percent increase compared to the year before. That were 232,917 Doha departures with mainly Qatar Airways of which Doha is their home base.
Flight routes Doha Hamad Airport
Qatar Airways have by far the most flights and destinations from this airport. However, there are also plenty of Doha Hamad departures from other airlines such as:
- Pegasus and Turkish Airlines to Istanbul
- Jazeera and Kuwait Airways to Kuwait
- British Airways to London
- Air Canada to Toronto
- Sharjah (Dubai)
- Abu Dhabi
However, there are many airlines like Air India, IndiGo and GoAir that offer flights to India with final destinations such as:
Other Doha airport flight departures that are being offered with Qatar Airways are the following:
- Cape Town
- Denpasar / Bali
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Manchester and many more.
Transportation at Doha Hamad Airport
- Metro: The Metro is an easy way to travel by public transport. There are Doha airport departures 24/7 from the metro station on Level 1 next to the car park. There are several signings in the terminal that show you the way. Sometimes Trains is also written instead of Metro. There are several wagons in the Metro where male and female are also separate. When you get in the red Metro line to Oqba Ibn Nafie starts driving. The stations after that are Al MAtar Al Qadeem, Umm Ghuwailina, Al Doha Al Jadeda, Msheireb, Al Bidda, Corniche and further to Lusail. At Msheireb you can transfer to one of the other available Metro lines. For example, travel towards Ras Bu Abboud or Al Riffa.
- There are many buses available to travel from Doha Airport. When you will be walking out of the terminal simply follow the signs to the Bus Pavilion or ask at the information desk in the terminal. Some bus routes are route 109 to Al Ghanim, popular route 777 goes along the harbor up north, and bus route 109 to Mesaieed. There are some more routes available. You can check them out on this website: Mowasalat.com
- At Hamad International Airport (HIA) there are also many rental car companies to rent a car from budget to luxury. The large well-known car rental companies are located in the terminal with counters. The largest, however, is a local company called Al Muftah Rent A Car. Some other options: Avis, Hertz, Mustafawi, Sixt, Pan Gulf and more.
- Traveling by taxi is quick and comfortable. Travel directly from the airport to your hotel. Some hotels also offer a free shuttle. From the terminal, walk to the Taxi Pavilion. Follow the signs and you will get there easily. The taxis are all metered. From the airport they start with 7 USD or local 25 QAR. It costs 1.20 QAR per km for daytime travel. From 9 pm to 5 am it costs 1.80 per km