Airport Rd, TKCA 1ZZ, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands
Phone: +1 649-946-4420
Fax: +1 (0) 649 9415558
Operator: Turks & Caicos Islands Airports Authority
Hub for: InterCaribbean Airways; Caicos Express Airways
IATA code: PLS
ICAO code: MBPV
PLS Arrivals today
PLS Departures today
About Providenciales arrivals and departures
The international airport is not big. With a small terminal, it still has a long runway of 9200 feet. There are regular flights to major American cities. The island is popular as a holiday destination. There is free Wiki but it often doesn’t work well. There are several shopping and restaurant options in the terminal. Reason to travel to this island is largely because of the relaxed atmosphere. There are many possibilities for water sports and other sports activities. Because of the beautiful location in the Caribbean you can also do boat cruises and discover the most beautiful beaches. There are also day trips on the island itself. Discover Turks and Cayos, for example, on a quad bike or with a 4-wheel drive jeep. It is also a fantastic destination for portraits and other photography that people come to the island especially for. There is entertainment in the evenings. Performances are regularly organized on the beach. Of course you can also come for your rest. There are some spas and fitness options.
Providenciales International Airport is located in the middle of the largest island of Caicos Islands -> Providenciales.
Providenciales Airport ground transportation
It is a small island that is easy to explore with a rental car. After PLS arrivals hall there are lots of rental car companies available. Because its a small island, you can easily take a taxi. There are PLS departures to the famous beaches and hotels. You pay about USD 5 per mile.
However, most Providenciales departures go to the areas of Thompson Cove, Blue Mountain, Babalua Beach, Turtle Cove, The Bight, Grace Bay (35 USD taxi), Long Bay and Leeward (45 USD taxi).
Terminal and runway
The terminal is not large and consists of 1 building. There is also only 1 runway where all Providenciales Airport departures & PLS arrivals take place.
For international Providenciales departures you must be present at least 2 hours in advance. If you are flying to another small airport on Turks & Caicos, a minimum of 45 minutes is sufficient. There is no pre-clearance for US travelers. For all Providenciales arrivals it is not difficult to find the baggage carousel. There is only 1 for international PLS airport arrivals.
Flight routes at Providenciales airport
There are many Providenciales airport arrivals from regional destinations. Caicos Express Airway, Aereonautica militare, Bahamasair and InterCaribbean Airways are largely responsible for it. They have flights to (CAP) Cap Haitien, (SDQ) Santo Domingo, (GDT) Grand Turk Island, (XSC) South Caicos, (KIN) Kingston, (NAS) Nassau.
International Providenciales Airport arrivals are being offered by the carriers Air Canada, JetBlue Airways, WestJet, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines. Many of these flight routes are seasonal. The Caribbean are a popular get a way for people from the US.
- Fort Lauderdale Airport FLL
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport YUL
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport YYZ, Canada
- Gregorio Luperon International Airport POP, Dominican Republics
- Las Américas International Airport SDQ, Dominican Republic
- Cibao International Airport STI, Dominican Republic
- Toussaint Louverture International Airport PAP, Haiti
- Luis Munoz Marin International Airport SJU, Puerto Rico
- JAGS McCartney International Airport GDT, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South Caicos Airport XSC, Turks and Caicos Islands
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport ATL, United States
- General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport BOS, United States
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport CLT, United States
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport DFW, US
- Newark Liberty International Airport EWR, United States
- John F Kennedy International Airport JFK, USA
- Miami International Airport MIA, US
- Philadelphia International Airport PHL, United States
Pictures are from visittci.com Daniel J. Levin