Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport
Address: 4470-558 Maia, Portugal
IATA code: OPO
Elevation: 69 m
Telephone: +351 22 943 2400
ICAO airport code: LPPR
Alias: Porto Airport and Pedras Rubras Airport
OPO Departures today
Discover Porto departures
It is the second-largest airport in the country after Lisbon airport, constructed in the 1940s and named Pedras Rubras Airport. It operates with international flights to destinations in Europe, Africa, North America, and South America. Porto airport is a new modern airport with 30+ airlines serving 15 to 20 million passengers per year. They provide shops, including duty-free, a full bank service with a bureau de change and no shortage of places to eat.
Getting around at Porto Airport
There are plenty of options for getting you to the airport from the city center. The cheap and quickest way you get to the airport is using the metro system with many Porto airport departures. The city’s extensive underground work is nearly 10 years old and that covers much of the city.
For the airport you should take the violet line(E) which you can pick any of the city center stops, it may take 25 minutes. If you don’t like the metro then you pick a taxi or bus. The taxi is available most of the time and there’s no shortage of it. That cost you €25 and more up to 20% expensive at weekends and in the evening for departures.
So, the cheapest option is the bus. Bus routes cover a wider range of destinations than the metro. The airport have a lot of information and timetables to spare a bus.
Porto flight departures
- Have a close look over OPO airport departures information screens and check which gate your flight is departing from after you went at the check-in and through security.
- Distance to the gate may vary and may require several minutes to walk. There will be signs to tell you.
- According to your traveling destination, boarding methods may vary.
- Some require a bus or ‘air jetty’ to transfer passengers from terminal to aircraft. Also, it then takes a short walk to reach the aircraft before departure.
Porto Airport Online Check-in
If you’re only traveling with a cabin bag or hold any baggage, please check-in online. This way you can avoid busy area because you don’t have to check in bigger luggage. Check and print your boarding pass from 30 days up to 2 hrs before the scheduled Porto Francisco Sá Carneiro departures of your flight. Most of the times a digital boarding pass is enough for OPO departures.
Things you should keep in mind
- You should arrive at the airport 3 hrs before international Porto departures. If it’s a domestic one you make 2 hrs before.
- Consider the luggage limits weigh from 44 lbs to 66 lbs. Hand luggage weighs 18 lbs to 22 lbs, length 56 cm, width 45 cm, and depth 25 cm approx. Double check online at the airline company that you fly with before Porto flight departures. Otherwise you might need to pay a lot extra.
- Check transportation facilities towards the airport and terminal where you have your Francisco Sá Carneiro airport departures. If you reach the airport by car, check airport parking facilities. Rental cars have their own place to return. Otherwise there are quite some parking areas to park your car.
- If you reach the terminal, look at the electronic screens to know the status of your flight next to this page if you are still at home. Always double check at the airline company or airport.
- At the check-in desk they can ask about your passport and booking confirmation and your big baggage. Then you receive your boarding pass. If you don’t need to check your luggage, some airport offers check-in kiosks where you can get and print your boarding pass for easier Porto airport departures.
- If you’ve reached the security control area, they can check your laptop or similar devices inside the cabin luggage and handbag.
- After crossing the security control area, you can reach the boarding zone. Check your boarding gate and wait for the airline call. You should always keep your passport and boarding pass in your hand. Otherwise there can be delays with the Porto flight departures.
If you need help
If you’ve any disability and access requirements during the trip, please let them know online or make a call. Use assistance service to resolve your mobility issues. Your requirements will be sent by the airline to the airport you’re flying to.
Airlines and destinations at Porto Airport
The airport is a base for the airlines TAP Air Portugal, EasyJet and Ryanair. Most of the OPO airport departures are to destinations in Europe and some to the other side of the Atlantic:
- Air Transit to Toronto and Montreal
- TAP Air Portugal and United Airlines to Newark Airport
- TAP also to Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo
The busiest route is actually a domestic one to Lisboa followed by the following cities:
- Paris Orly
- London Stansted
- Paris CDG
- London Gatwick
- Brussels in Belgium
Besides the earlier mentioned airlines the following low cost airlines and others also have frequently aeroporto Porto departures:
- Wizz Air
- Turkish Airlines
- Swiss Air
- Brussels Airlines
- British Airlines
- Azores Airlines
- Air Europa
- Air France