Address: Pedras Rubras, 4470 – 558 Maia, PORTUGAL
Tel: +351 (0) 229 432 400
Fax: +351 (0) 229 484 597
Owner: ANA – Empresa Pública de Aeroportos e Navegação Aérea
IATA code: OPO
ICAO code: LPPR
It is an international airport near Porto, Portugal. It is located 11 km northwest of the Clérigos Tower in the center of Porto. This is the second busiest airport in the country after Lisbon airport. According to Aeroporto de Portugal traffic statistics based on Porto’s aircraft operations (arrivals and departures together), passenger engagement at the airport is aslo in second place.
This airport is surrounded by the municipalities of Matosinhos, Vila does Conde and Mai. The south side of the airport intersects the hydrographic watershed of the Leça River and the north is crossed by effluents of Onda River, which increases the beauty of the Porto. Therefor during Porto flight arrivals are good views.
Operated airlines with Porto arrivals:
- Aegean airlines
- Air Europa
- Air France
- Wizz Air
- Air France
- Air Transat
- TAP Air Portugal
- UPS Airlines
This airport is connected to the urban area by line buses and shuttles, metro, taxis, private transport, and ride-sharing apps like Uber.
Under Covid-19: due to pandemic situation, the schedule of transportation service may be changed by limiting the available capacity.
Keep in mind after arriving airport
- Never forget to collect all your belongings after Porto airport arrivals (in the airplane or baggage hall), before leaving the airport.
- If your luggage has been checked, the first thing you need to do is go to the Porto arrivals baggage claim area. Then follow the lines according to your nationality to make the migration.
- You should show your passport and additional visa. Some countries may ask where you stay and show your return ticket, etc. check all the information on the corresponding embassy before travel.
- Once you reach the public area, check out the transportation link. If you have booked a private and personal transfer, check out for the posters with names holding by people, waiting for guests after OPO arrivals.
- If you want to rent a car check car rental in Porto airport and book in advance.
- In case you forget your luggage at the aircraft or missed it or any damage arise, you should Follow airport instructions.
- If you’ve got a long layover check out the VIP Lounges and airport facilities offered by the airport.
- If you want to search for a nearby hotel or stay within the airport, check on Overnight Stay at Porto airport.
Overnight layover guide:
The passenger can stay at night and the airport is open 24 hours if a passenger has a flight early in the morning can spend a night at Porto airport. The terminal is small and easy to move from one place to another. The staff gets tolerance with sleepers waiting for check-in at public areas. It’s usually cold at night, so, it is recommended to have your sleeping bag, blankets, and earplugs. If you think this is inconvenient then you also can decide after Porto flight arrivals to stay in a nearby hotel.
Where to rest?
Many benches and comfortable seats are available at the airport. They provide sofas and ideal seats for resting. For the upper level, they have a private nook where you can lay down. And you can use the airport VIP lounge available from 5:00 am to 11:00 pm. Or else you can choose any nearby comfortable hotels.
There’re lockers in the Porto airport arrivals hall that operates from 4 am to 11 pm. Eateries open from 5 am until midnight. They also have vending machines.
If a passenger with a disability, the airport facilitates the trip with the airline at least 48 hours in advance.