Tabarre, Port-au-Prince, Ouest, Haiti
Address: PO Box 1792, Port-au-Prince Boulevard Toussaint Louverture, HAITI
Tel: +509 48 92 8035
Owner: Autorité Aéroportuaire Nationale
IATA code: PAP
ICAO code: MTPP
PAP Arrivals today
PAP Departures today
Check out Toussaint Louverture International Airport arrivals and departures
To travel through Haiti, you need to know some details about the modifications of the Port-au-Prince Toussaint Louverture Airport. This airbase can offer you some of the most important national and international Port au Prince airport departures to America and the Caribbean. It is one of the busiest in the region and functions as an operational center for recognized airlines.
You may be interested in Haiti to do public work or just for traveling, you should have Port au Prince flight arrivals to get easy into the country. When you organize your trip to this airport, it might be useful to get some more information about the Toussaint Louverture flight departures.
Find out which flights are available from the airport, either by stopover or direct from anywhere in Latin America. Learn about the airport’s location and how you can get out of there when having PAP airport arrivals at the airport.
Top routes from PAP
- CYA – Les Cayes, Haiti
- JBQ – Santo Domingo La Isabela, Dominican Republic
- FLL – Fort Lauderdale Hollywood
- CAP – Cap-Haitien, Haiti
- JFK – John F. Kennedy NY
- JEE – Jérémie, Haiti
- MIA – Miami
- EWR – Newark NY
- BOS – Boston Logan
- SXM -Sint Maarten Princess Juliana
Other winter destinations with just a single return flight a week: Havana Jose Marti, Montreal Pierre Elliott Trudeau, Providenciales Turks and Caicos, Willemstad Curacao Hato
About Port-au-Prince Toussaint Louverture Airport
It is named after the leader of the Haitian revolution. Since 1940 the airbase functioned as a military airfield that served the American air forces with Port au Prince flight departures. The US government subsidized its original construction to serve as an airbase until 1960. It opened its commercial activities at François Duvalier International Airport in 1965 for Haiti airport arrivals. In 1965 the airport was released and began its public operations under “Francois Duvalier” but was later changed. By the 1980’s, the airport was renamed “Port-au-Prince” since then. It has been recognized under that symbol to process Toussaint Louverture International Airport departures
Among its most important records is the earthquake that caused damage to the facilities. Its reconstruction began in May 2010, including PAP airport departures and arrival halls along with large baggage carousels. Its reopening in December 2012 positioned it as the airport with the highest passenger traffic in Haiti.
It is an airport that represents the main access port and have Haiti Toussaint Louverture flight arrivals from Europe, the United States, and Central America. You can see a lot of movement at the airport, and even in 2017, it broke a record accommodating 1,893,470 passengers. Unfortunately the Toussaint Louverture airport departures went down in 2020 because of the pandemic.
Location for Port au Prince arrivals
The airport is located in the Haitian commune of Tabare, which is part of the western department of the country. You have to travel about 6 miles from the capital city Port-au-Prince to get to the airport. Its facilities have several means of direct transport that can facilitate the transfer to or from the airport.
If you want to move to or from the airport Port au Prince departures you can take the following means of ground transportation:
- PAP arrivals by bus:You can take bus route 1, located in the parking space next to the main building. This shuttle can transfer you to or from the airport for a reasonable fee in a matter of half an hour. By taking the national route, you can make sure to visit every detail of the city center. This PAP departures runs from 7 am to 7 pm so that you can catch it right away.
- Port au Prince airport arrivals by cab: If you want to take a taxi from the airport, you have to go to the main parking space. Their rates are usually reasonable and are the fastest alternative to get to the city center.
- Port au Prince airport departures by car rental: The best way to get to or from this airbase is to go to the rental companies inside the terminal. In this way, you can move around the city in a matter of half an hour by road. You rent a vehicle that will help you travel to port-au-prince or other areas. The tours are short so that you will have arrivals in less than 10 minutes at your destination.
This airport has only one operational runway for Toussaint Louverture airport arrivals that you can identify using the following address:
- Runway 10/28 measures 3,040 meters and 9,974 feet high with an asphalt surface.
At the airbase, you can find a landing strip that is used for commercial flights and cargo Toussaint Louverture airport departures.
Toussaint Louverture Airport Terminals
The airport consists of a single terminal that houses national and international Port au Prince arrivals. Its concrete structure consists of the main building characterized by its two levels.
On the second level are the lounges and retail stores where you can buy some goods. At the terminal you will find three jet bridges with an total of 25 boarding gates to process all Port au Prince departures. This terminal was rebuilt in 2015. Fifteen boarding gates were added.
Check-in counters and immigration facilities are located on the ground floor area. Each area of the terminal is operational 24 hours a day to have PAP arrivals.
This terminal is named after former Haitian minister Guy Malry and is used for domestic PAP departures as well. In its facilities, three other buildings are used as a general aviation bridge or cargo Port au Prince airport arrivals. A remodeling was planned in 2015 to incorporate 14 gates in the terminal and expand the facilities according to passenger traffic.
You will find some retail stores, check-in offices, and a couple of luggage carousels in the terminal. The customs hall is located on the first floor for most flights from the United States.
Airlines with Port au Prince airport departures
Among the categories of the best airlines to connect within the facilities, you can find the following options:
- Air Caraïbes
- Air France
- Air Transat
- American Airlines
- Caicos Express Airways
- Copa Airlines
- Fly all ways
- InterCaribbean Airways
- Spirit Airlines
- Sunrise Airways
- Surinam Airways
You can also request cargo Toussaint Louverture arrivals by contacting the following airlines:
- International Amerijet with destinations to Santiago de los Caballeros, Santo Domingo and Miami.
- DHL Aviation with destinations to San Juan and Miami.
- IBC Airways with destinations to Miami.
- Northern Air Cargo with destinations to Miami.
Among some of the seasonal destinations with Toussaint Louverture departures that you can take from the facilities of this airport are:
- Paris Orly, Panama City, Paramaribo, Nassau, Camaguey, Fort de France, Holguín, and others.
- Port au Prince departures to Las Américas International Airport SDQ, Dominican Republic: Air Caraïbes (TX)
- Pointe-à-Pitre Le Raizet PTP, Guadeloupe: Air Caraïbes (TX) and Air France (AF)
- Port au Prince airport arrivals from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport ATL, United States: Delta Air Lines