Warsaw Chopin International Airport
Address: Zwirki i Wigury 1, 00-906 Warszawa, Poland
Phone: +48 22 650 42 20
Owner/Operator: Polish Airports State Enterprise (PPL)
IATA airport code: WAW
ICAO Airport Code: EPWA
Alias: Lotnisko Chopina w Warszawie, Warsaw Chopin Airport and Okecie International Airport
WAW arrivals today
Get To Know Warsaw Chopin international airport arrivals
If you want to promote tourism in your home and surprise your family on the next vacation, you should take them to Poland and have Warsaw Chopin arrivals. You can land at the Warsaw Chopin Airport in Poland, which corresponds to the busiest airbase. This airport is very beautiful, full of services and all the comforts that you as a tourist can have.
You can know in-depth the aerial installation, locate it, and what means of transport are available after your Warsaw arrivals. You can also find out how the air terminal is made up and how many passengers the airport can accommodate per year.
Top routes from WAW Warsaw Airport
- AMS – Amsterdam
- MUC – Munich
- CDG – Paris
- FRA – Frankfurt
- WRO – Wroclaw
- KRK – Krakow
- GDN – Gdansk
- CPH – Copenhagen
- ZRH – Zurich
- BUD – Budapest
Chopin Airport in Warsaw was inaugurated on April 29, 1934, making it a fundamental base in the Second War to have Warsaw flight arrivals. This airport is home to more than 2,060 acres of land, making it the largest and most functional in the country. You can give priority to the airport because it hosts more than 300 national and international WAW airport arrivals.
In 2019, the Polish airport broke its record by accommodating 18,860,000 passengers. In this same year, the airport completed more than 5 thousand international flights to London (Heathrow, Gatwick, and Luton) in the United Kingdom. This will keep increasing the Warsaw Chopin airport arrivals with the airlines British Airways, Wizz Air, and LOT Polish Airlines.
Location Warsaw Chopin flight arrivals
You can find Chopin Airport in the Wlochy district in the capital city of Warsaw in Poland. This airport is located a few miles from Warsaw, so it will be very easy to locate it.
Warsaw Chopin Airport ground transportation
Chopin Airport in Warsaw is located in a good part of the country, and you can get there by various means of transport:
- Warsaw airport arrivals by train. You can go to the Chopin airport train station if you are inside the airbase. This rail service can take you to Warsaw in less than 10 minutes; the train runs every 5 minutes.
- WAW arrivals by car: You can take the Chopin-Warsaw central highway to go to the city using a rental vehicle. If the traffic is not heavy, you can reach the city center in less than 20 minutes.
- Warsaw Chopin arrivals by bus: Public bus services are available just outside the terminal. You can go to Ursynów by taking bus 331 from the airport or vice versa.
Warsaw Chopin Airport has two runways available with Warsaw arrivals, characterized by:
- Asphalt runway 29-11 is 9,186 feet long and 60 feet wide.
- Asphalt runway 15-33 is 12,106 feet long and 80 feet wide.
Terminal at Warsaw airport
As Chopin airport is one of the busiest in Poland. Its air terminal is capable of accommodating many WAW airport arrivals. You can distinguish the terminal by its rooms:
- General lounge: This general, main hall or terminal A arises from the union of terminals 1 and 2 that originally built the airport. In this terminal, you can find five check-in rooms, 116 check-in offices, and several airlines. Companies such as Turkish Airlines, Air France, and LOT Polish Airlines are available in the main lounge to process Warsaw flight arrivals.
- South Room: It was inaugurated in 1992 as a south hall with two check-in areas and can accommodate 3.5 million people that have domestic and international Warsaw Chopin airport arrivals. You can find several commercial premises, domestic flights, and waiting rooms in this room, among other things.
- North Room: It was built in 2008 and served prominent airlines such as OneWorld and Star Alliance with most Warsaw Chopin flight arrivals. In the north hall, you will find three check-in areas, security posts, and domestic flights.
Airlines with Warsaw airport arrivals
Chopin airport works with at least 30 national and international airlines, but the most active are:
- LOT Polish Airlines, KLM, Wizz Air, Air France, Lufthansa, and British Airways.
Warsaw Chopin airport flight routes
Among the some other than the most requested flights at Chopin Airport in Warsaw, Poland, you can take:
- London Heathrow, Burgas, Marsa Alam, Antalya, Rhodes, Hurghada, Oslo, Dubai, Tenerife, Gothenburg, Mombasa, Beirut, Puerto Plata, Doha, Stockholm, Tirana, La Palma, Palma de Mallorca, Athens, Beijing, Tel Aviv, etc
There are some Transatlantic flights as well to Miami, Chicago Ohare, JFK and Newark New York, and Toronto Pearson as well.