Kraków John Paul II International Airport
KRK departures today
Lotnisko im. Jana Pawła II,
ul. cpt. M. Medweckiego 1,
Krakow – Balice,
IATA code: KRK
ICAO code: EPKK
Find Out Kraków John Paul II International Airport departures
If you want to travel to or from Poland, the John Paul II airport may help you complete the objective. This airport is the second busiest in Poland, followed by airport Warsaw-Chopin. You can do a lot of tourism from this airbase, go to unique destinations in Europe or other regions when having Kraków departures.
To be motivated to travel from the Juan Pablo II airport, it is good that you know some details. Find out what type of flights the airport can give you, how wide its terminal is and how you can get to and from there to have easy Kraków flight departures.
Krakow airport has been in operation since 1964 for KRK airport departures, and in 1988 it was reopened as John Paul II International Airport. This reopening came with modifications to the airport that expanded its flights throughout the country. It is an excellent access point for Krakow as well as for the city center in Poland.
The Warsaw-Chopin backs the airport, and together, they operate most of the tourist flights. In 2020, the Juan Pablo II airport broke a record by allowing 2,595,972 passengers to cross its doors. This is not a positive record because it has been the biggest drop in Kraków John Paul airport departures in history with almost 70%.
Location for Kraków airport departures
The airbase is located in the Krakow area, very close to the town of Balice in the Polish region. This Polish town is 6 miles from Krakow; it is very popular for its tourism and receptiveness of citizens.
When you arrive at the airport or want to go to the air facility from the city center you can take the following public transport:
- KRK departures by bus: You can take a bus from the airport that will take you to the Kraków Glówny train station. From this station, you can reach the city center in less than 30 minutes. You can do this same route in reverse; only you must go to the Airport John Paul II station in Krakow.
- Kraków departures by cab: From the airport or Krakow city, you can take a taxi that will direct you to your final destination. If traveling from the airport to the city, taxis will be available just outside the terminal. This service is low cost, and you can take it at any time of the day.
At the John Paul II airport in Krakow, you will have two runways for Kraków flight departures that can be identified by:
- Runway 07L-25R measures 8,366 feet long and is for emergency landings. Its surface is grass.
- Runway 25-07 is 8,366 feet long by 80 feet wide and has an asphalt concrete surface.
When the airport was reopened, the air terminal underwent several modifications, and over the years, it was expanded to increase the KRK airport departures. For now, the air terminal has a huge airport with 1000 seats in operation. This terminal is divided into several lobbies where you will find some basic services.
You will have more than 15 offices for ticket billing in the terminal and have Kraków John Paul airport departures, three waiting rooms, and 1 VIP room. This terminal has shops for you to buy souvenirs or pay for a tour of Krakow. In the terminal, you will also find car rental services.
Airlines with Kraków airport departures
If you want to travel from the John Paul II airport in Krakow, you can contact one of these airlines:
- Norwegian Air Shuttle
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Sun d´Or
- Wizz Air
- Enter Air
- Swiss International Air Lines
- Aegean Airlines
- Air France
- LOT Polish Airlines
- British Airways
- Brussels Airlines
In case you want to travel from the airport you can choose one of these national and international destinations for KRK departures: