Kraków John Paul II International Airport
KRK arrivals today
Address: ul. cpt. M. Medweckiego 1, 32-083 Balice, Poland
IATA Airport Code: KRK
ICAO Airport Code: EPKK
Alias: John Paul II International Airport and Krakow Balice Airport
Travel to Poland and get to know Kraków John Paul II International Airport arrivals
If you intend to get to know Poland on this vacation, you should pack your bags and book your flight and have Kraków arrivals. The John Paul II International Airport in Krakow can welcome you to do tourism from its roots. This airport is the second most used in Poland in terms of passengers and available flights.
It is worth knowing a little about the airport, its facilities and how you can locate it in the city. Find out if the airport has charter Kraków flight arrivals available or the busiest destinations you can take today.
The Krakow air facility served national aviation in 1964, but the public airport was opened after some guidelines for KRK airport arrivals. In 1988 the Krakow airport was officially opened, and in 1995 it adopted the name of John Paul II. This airport ranks second in functionality for Krakow and Poland overall for its number of flights.
In 2020, the airport could accommodate 2,595,972 passengers in more than 51 thousand air movements. That is 69% less Kraków John Paul airport arrivals then the year before when it served 8,4 million passengers. This airport is one of the most frequented by tourists who want to know the surroundings of Krakow.
Location for Kraków airport arrivals
John Paul II International Airport is located very close to the town of Krakow, specifically in Balice. This town is 6 miles from the center of the Polish city so it will be easy for you to locate it.
You as a tourist must take all the relevant information about the airport and its means of ground transportation. When you leave the air terminal, you can have at your disposal:
- KRK arrivals by bus: You can take a public bus that takes you to the Kraków Glówny train station, and from there you can go to the city center. This tour can take about 20 minutes due to the stops made by the public service.
- Kraków arrivals by train: You can go to the long-running Kraków Glówny train station and head to Krakow. This journey from the station to the city can take 5 minutes. The train passes every 2 minutes through the main station.
- KRK airport arrivals by cab: You can also take a taxi or rent a vehicle to go to the city of Krakow in comfort. These auto services are very good, safe, and inexpensive for you to take up right away.
The airport John Paul II of Krakow has two runways for Kraków flight arrivals, only one of which provides its operations. You will land on runway 25-07 on your visit to Poland; this runway is 8,366 feet long and is made of Concrete. The airport has grass runway 07L-25R, but it is qualified for emergency landings; it is 8,366 feet long.
Since the 90s, the air terminal has undergone several modifications to offer security to its passengers when experiencing KRK airport arrivals. In 2013 this terminal was rebuilt to improve its flight capacity and, therefore, passenger capacity.
With this renovation, several luggage, boarding, and security systems were included. You can also have the train station in the terminal to easily travel further after your Kraków John Paul airport arrivals. It will connect you with the Kraków Glówny railway station. The terminal also has a huge parking lot with at least 1,000 spaces available.
Airlines with Kraków airport arrivals
At the airport, you will have several airlines available for commercial or charter flights, such as:
- British Airways
- Brussels Airlines
- Aegean Airlines
- Air France
- Norwegian Air Shuttle
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Sun d´Or
- Swiss International Air Lines
- Wizz Air
- Enter Air
- LOT Polish Airlines
If you visit Krakow and have KRK arrivals and want to continue sightseeing, you can fly from one of these cities to the airport:
- Copenhagen, Luxembourg, Athens ATH, Paris Orly, London Luton, Frankfurt, Stockholm, Rimini, Tel Aviv, Barcelona, Chania CHQ, Santorini Airport, Valencia, Bergen, New York, Tirana, Helsinki, Manchester, Liverpool Airport, Edinburgh EDI, Oslo Gardermoen, Bari, Paris CDG, Palma de Mallorca, Palermo, Lisbon, Gothenburg, Milan Malpensa, Rome Ciampino and Fiumicino, Brussels, Dubai, Chicago ORD, Dusseldorf, and Munich.