Location: George Town, Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman Island Airport
298 Owen Roberts Drive, PO Box 10098, Grand Cayman,
KY1-1001, Cayman Islands
Tel: +1 (0) 345 9437070
Fax: +1 (0) 345 9437071
Owner: Cayman Islands Airport Authority
IATA code: GCM
ICAO code: KGCM
GCM Arrivals today
GCM Departures today
Discover Owen Roberts international airport arrivals and departures
If you have an adventurous mind, it might be a good idea to go to the Cayman Islands for a little sightseeing. You can fulfill your goal of visiting this beautiful island by landing at Owen Roberts Cayman International Airport. However, it is important that you know a little about the airport and locate it now for Owen Roberts international airport departures.
Before you pack your suitcase and travel to the Cayman Islands, you can find out what means of transportation is available after your Cayman airport arrivals. Take a look at the aerial installation so you can find out what services are available. Finally, you can know the number of flights and destinations with Cayman airport departures you could take from this distinguished airport.
Top 10 routes from GCM airport
- CYB – Cayman Brac Charles Kirkconnell
- LYB – Little Cayman
- MIA – Miami
- JFK – New York John F. Kennedy
- FLL – Fort Lauderdale Hollywood
- TPA – Tampa
- KIN – Kingston Norman Manley
- NAS – Nassau Lynden Pindling
- YYZ – Toronto Pearson
- BOS – Boston Logan
History of the Owen Roberts airport
Cayman Islands Owen Roberts International Airport shares a great and tragic history since its construction. Officially the airport was inaugurated on April 10, 1953, with Owen Roberts airport departures. A series of tragedies actually occurred. Commander Roberts Owen, a key piece in the airport’s construction, died a few days before the inauguration that would start the Grand Cayman airport arrivals.
Although it was not planned that the airport would bear the name “Roberts Owen” after the tragic accident, it was done in his honor although still often the name Grand Cayman airport departures is used. The airport’s inauguration ended up being celebrated a year later as a tribute to General Robert Owen. This airport is the key piece for tourism in the Cayman Islands, so it is very popular for Cayman Islands airport arrivals.
This airport has an undulating gallery that is unique and representative of the citizens of the Cayman Islands. In 2007 the airbase was expanded to offer more international Cayman Islands airport departures, security, and customs control. In 2012, some waiting rooms and boarding gates were renovated, and a passenger control was included to increase the Cayman flight arrivals.
The last renovation that the airport had was in 2017 where the undulating gallery was closed for repairs. This project will be presented in 2020 when you would have Cayman flight departures, but after the arrival of covid-19, the plans were delayed. However, the airport will resume operations in a short time.
Location for GCM airport arrivals
You can find the Owen Roberts International Airport on Grand Cayman Island, which corresponds to the largest island of the Cayman Islands. It is an airport that is 8 feet above sea level. The airport does not cover a large size in the area where it is located, but it offers many functionalities in its installation to enjoy GCM airport departures.
Cayman Owen Roberts Airport Transportation
If you travel to Grand Cayman and stay at Owen Roberts Airport, you can have several means of transportation available. Among the public transport services outside the airport you can have:
- Grand Cayman arrivals by taxi: Taxis that take you to any area of Grand Cayman in no more than 20 minutes because the island is small. These services can be by position or by a complete car that has a higher cost. The airport has several classified taxi companies to provide the service.
- Grand Cayman departures by public bus. Public buses can be located outside the airport. They tend to fill up quickly and offer a tour of the entire island. You can go to the hotel where you booked using low-cost public transport. This service is available from 7 am to 9 pm so you can drink without problems.
Track at Owen Roberts Airport
At the airport, you can see a single runway for Owen Roberts airport arrivals that is directed to 26-08. This track is 7,867 feet long by 150 feet wide and is made up of an asphalt surface. The only runway is renewed every year and can process 28 thousand Owen Roberts airport departures per year.
In the expansion plans for the future, the airbase wants to build a new runway that meets the demand and increase the GCM arrivals. However, the main airport operator has not yet accepted this project.
Cayman Owen Roberts Airport Terminals
You, as a tourist, will have a good air terminal at the airport Owen Roberts of the Cayman Islands. The most relevant point of this airbase is the undulating gallery that gives an unparalleled view of Grand Cayman Island. Within the aerial installation, you can find other types of services such as:
- 5 offices to check tickets for GCM departures
- Customs office
- Carousels for luggage for people that are having Cayman airport arrivals
- 10 commercial premises for Cayman airport departures
- 1 place for tourists
- Island information
- 3 access doors
- 1 waiting room
All these services are divided into the only terminal of the airport to visit after Grand Cayman airport arrivals.
Airlines with Grand Cayman airport departures
Owen Roberts International Airport is served by several Cayman Airways hub airlines. You can contact some of these airlines to experience Cayman Islands airport arrivals:
- JetBlue, Cayman Airways Express, Delta Airlines, American Airlines, Air Canada, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, Caribbean Airlines, and WestJet.
This airport also offers cargo Cayman Islands airport departures with IBC Airways from destinations such as Miami, USA.
Destinations from Cayman Owen Roberts Airport
There are many seasonal flights to the Cayman Islands as well. It is a popular holiday destination among American people. If you want to travel to Owen Roberts International Airport and have Cayman flight arrivals you can fly also from one of these destinations other than above from the top 10:
- Grand Cayman airport departures to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport DTW, United States
- Grand Cayman airport arrivals from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport ATL, United States
- Newark Liberty International Airport EWR, United States
- Cayman flight arrivals from Washington Dulles International Airport IAD, United States
- George Bush Intercontinental Houston Airport IAH, United States
- Philadelphia International Airport PHL, United States
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport CLT, United States
- Grand Cayman arrivals from Chicago O’Hare International Airport ORD, United States
Caribbean and Central America
- Cayman Brac
- GCM departures to José Martí International Airport HAV, Cuba
- La Ceiba and Roatan, Honduras
- Montego Bay
These destinations can come in direct flights or by stopover for you to take from the airport. You can also go to other places by stopover and have Cayman flight departures again short after arrival. You have to contact the air operator.