Trondheim Airport, Værnes
Address: 7502 Stjordal, Norway
Phone: +47 67 03 25 00
IATA Airport Code: TRD
ICAO Airport Code: ENVA
Alias: Trondheim lufthavn, Værnes
TRD arrivals today
Find out Trondheim Værnes international airport arrivals
In recent years, Norway has become one of the most sought-after tourist destinations in Europe. If you plan to visit the city of Oslo, you can do so from the Trondheim-Vaernes airport and enjoy your first tour of the facilities. This airport works perfectly to move to national destinations and there are some international Trondheim arrivals from Europe destinations as well.
Top routes from TRD
- OSL – Oslo
- BGO – Bergen
- BOO – Bodo
- BNN – Bronnoysund
- MJF – Mosjoen
- SSJ – Sandnessjoen
- MQN – Mo i Rana
- RVK – Rorvik
- TOS – Tromso
About Trondheim Airport
The Trondheim Airport, Vaernes inaugurated its first flight in 1914 for Trondheim Værnes flight arrivals, together with the installation of the airfield. Its first facilities were built during the Second World War, including its three concrete-floored runways. It works perfectly for the city of Vaernes and has a low frequency of international Trondheim flight arrivals from the date.
One of its busiest destinations since October 2020 was the city of Oslo, and as of the closure of the base, the frequency decreases. Among its most outstanding records is the large volume of passengers served in 2018 of Trondheim Værnes arrivals. The statistics of this brand positioned it as the fourth busiest airport in Europe.
Location for TRD airport arrivals
The airport is located in the town of Vaernes, 19 km east of the city of Trondheim. This airbase works perfectly for passengers who want to move within Vaernes and other Norwegian locations or look for international destinations.
Transportation Trondheim Airport
Among the means of ground transportation that can transfer you to and from the airport are the following options:
- Værnes airport arrivals by bus: At the airport exit, you will find a wide variety of services that operate from the facilities. The buses belong to local lines and include destinations within Vaernes.
- Trondheim airport arrivals by train: If you want to travel to the city center, you can take regional trains to Trondheim station. This means of transport can take you to and from the airport in a matter of 35 minutes.
- TRD arrivals by taxi: To make this type of transport, you must go to the Arrivals Hall located outside the airport. For your peace of mind, they can take you to the city center in a matter of 25 minutes.
The airport has one runway in operation for Trondheim arrivals and another two temporarily closed that you can identify by the following characteristics:
- Runway 09/27 (OPEN): measures 3000 meters / 9839 feet – Asphalt surface for Trondheim Værnes flight arrivals.
- Runway 14/32: measures 1472 meters / feet high – Asphalt / concrete surface.
- Runway 18/36: measures 1275 meters 4183 meters/feet high – Asphalt surface.
Trondheim Airport terminal
The airport facilities have the main passenger terminal that includes two areas called terminals A and B for Trondheim flight arrivals. The first houses national and regional flights, while the second houses international flight services.
Terminal A has two levels: the Trondheim Værnes arrivals areas on the floor level and the departure areas on the top. In terminal B, there are the entrances and exits together with the airport administration.
Airlines with TRD airport arrivals
Among the most prominent airlines that can help you travel around the country or other international destinations are:
- Wizz Air
- Aegean Airlines
- Norwegian Air
- SAS Airlines
- Evelop Airlines
- Norwegian air shuttle
- Sunclass Airlines
There are Værnes airport arrivals from different international destinations during winter like:
In the summer, some airlines such as Evelop, Aegean, Scandinavian, Sunclass, Pegasus, and Norwegian Air also operate charter flights. Destinations you can choose from are as follows:
For domestic routes you will have the following options:
- Bodø, Brønnøysund, Harstad / Narvik, Kristiansand, Namsos, Sandefjord, and some more.
Passenger statistics Trondheim Airport
The facilities have a wide variety of shops and services that will allow you to obtain all possible comforts. In its terminals, you can find restaurants and ATMs along with exchange houses when you experience Trondheim airport arrivals. They also have a wide variety of counters proportional to passenger capacity to save time.
When visiting this airport, any passenger will enjoy a free wi-fi connection in the terminal area. Locating services will not be a real challenge once you use the airport map through this connection.