SVG departures today
Flyplassvegen 230, 4055 Sola, Norway
Phone: +47 (0)67 031000
Fax: +47 (0)67 031002
Owner: Avinor AS
IATA code: SVG
ICAO code: ENZV
Get To Know Stavanger airport departures in Norway
If you have Nordic roots or are just curious about Viking life, you can find out more about it in Rogaland, Norway. To get to this county in Norway, you must land at Stavanger, Sola airport. This international airport has many flights that you will love as well as some Charter airlines to have Stavanger departures.
To have the best sightseeing trip in Norway, it is good that you prepare and get to know the airport. Find out where the Stavanger air facility is located, what means of transportation are available, and other services to have Stavanger flight departures.
The airport Stavanger, Sola, is part of one of the oldest airports in Norway, founded by King Haakon VII. This airport has been in operation for almost one century for Stavanger Sola departures and is very important for the region because of its paved runway. You can see that the airport has focus airlines such as Scandinavian Airlines, CHC Helikopter Services, and Bristow Norway to have most SVG airport departures.
The airport gained recognition in 2015 when it could accommodate 4,501,368 passengers and more than 85,306 air movements. It is a unique airport in Norway that has been the most frequented destination by tourists today. With a drop in Stavanger Sola flight departures in 2020 the total amount of passengers went to just 1,7 million.
Location for Stavanger Sola airport departures
The airport is located in Stavanger, which is within the municipality of Sola in Norway. It is an airport that is 6.9 miles from the center of the Nordic city.
From the airport, you can have several ground transportation services such as:
- SVG departures by taxi: You can take a taxi or rent a car to go on the regional highway from Sola to the city of Stavanger. This trip can take about 20 minutes or even longer if you travel during rush hour.
- Stavanger airport departures by bus: You can wait for public transport just outside the terminal to take you to various areas in the municipality of Sola. The bus passes by the air facility every hour so that you can be on the lookout.
At the airport, you can have two runways available with Stavanger departures under the indications:
- Runway 29-11 with 8,035 feet long and an asphalt surface.
- Runway 18-36 with 8,386 feet long and an asphalt surface.
The airport is divided into two air terminals to process Stavanger flight departures, one for airplanes and helicopters that provide charter flights. This terminal has three jet bridges, two crossing runways, and a helicopter runway. In 2009 the air terminal was expanded and included:
- 2 waiting rooms
- More luggage carousels
- Offices for flight check-in to start your Stavanger Sola departures
- Remodeling of the square
- More commercial premises
You will only have one waiting room in the helicopter terminal and about three commercial premises in operation. It is a very small terminal that has not been remodeled since 1980.
Airlines with SVG airport departures
At Stavanger Airport, Sola, you can have some national and international airlines with Stavanger Sola flight departures. You can travel from this airport by contacting:
- DAT, Wizz Air, Vueling, Scandinavian Airlines, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Loganair, AirBaltic, Sunclass Airlines, KLM, Wilderoe, Freebird Airlines, etc.
If you want to travel from this airport, you can take direct Stavanger Sola airport departures to destinations such as:
- Gdansk, Krakow, Harstad, Aberdeen, Sandefjord, Szczecin, Alicante ALC, Copenhagen, Amsterdam AMS, Esbjerg, Edinburgh, Billund, Bergen, Malaga, Oslo, Manchester, Tromso, etc.
You can also take flights stations for areas such as:
- Riga Airport RIX
- Antalya AYT
- Palma de Mallorca Airport
- Split SPU
- Murcia Corvera
- Malaga AGP
- Milan Malpensa MXP
- Gran Canaria Airport
- Rhodes Airport
- Varna Airport
- Chania Crete
- Barcelona El Prat Airport
- Dalaman Airport
- Heraklios Crete
- Kos KGS
- Tenerife South Airport
Regardless of the destination you choose from Stavanger airport, Sola must make a reservation in advance. It is good that you book the Stavanger airport departures for a week to travel safely on the indicated date.