Address: Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol
Area: 27.87 km²
Airport code: AMS
Telephone: 020 794 0800
Owner: Schiphol Group
AMS Departures today
Find out Amsterdam airport departures
You can learn a little about the history of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and why it is so important in the Netherlands. This airport has been in operation for more than 100 years, and after a series of renovations, it is still considered the best in Amsterdam Schiphol departures. The airport is huge; it has many exclusive flights and airlines that promote its Schiphol airport departures throughout Europe.
You can find out which means of transport are allowed from the airport and how far it is from the capital city. Know about the Amsterdam flight departures and terminals when visiting them and taking the flight you want.
Top routes from AMS
- CDG – Paris
- BCN – Barcelona
- DUB – Dublin
- CPH – Copenhagen
- MAD – Madrid
- LHR – London
- MUC – Munich
- FRA – Frankfurt
- ARN – Stockholm
- ZRH – Zurich
About Amsterdam Airport
Schiphol began its air operations in 1917 as a military airbase for its first AMS Schiphol departures. In later years, and after the end of the war, it became an airport. This is the third most used airport in Europe and the most important in the Netherlands for offering international Schiphol flight departures. By 2020 Amsterdam Schiphol Airport was crowned the best airport in Western Europe.
Something relevant about Schiphol Amsterdam Airport is that it has retained the concept of a single terminal since its construction. This airport is very large, and after several renovations, it still retains its functionality over the years to process the Amsterdam Schiphol airport departures.
Location of Amsterdam Airport
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is located 5.6 miles southwest of the city of Amsterdam in the Netherlands. This airport is located in the municipality of Haarlemmermeer, specifically in the province of North Holland.
From Amsterdam Schiphol airport you can take various means of transport such as:
- Rental cars: You can exit the airport onto the A4 and A9 motorways to have AMS departures to the city center or other destinations.
- Bus: Just outside the airport, you can have several bus lines that will take you all over the Netherlands. The most relevant services are those of Sassenheim, where you will take route 361 or Amsterdam – Zuid and Buitenveldert with route 341. You can also take Amsterdam airport departures route 397, day or night, which will take you to “Leidseplein” in the city center.
- Train: You can take Nederlandse Spoorwegen or NS, the most important Dutch train line in the Netherlands. With these trains, you can go to Rotterdam, Utrecht, Amsterdam or The Hague. The train can also offer you intercity Amsterdam Schiphol departures to Lelystad, Leeuwarden, Nijmegen, Amsterdam Central, Apeldoorn, Groningen, etc.
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is divided into six runways for all Amsterdam flight departures, one of which is exclusive to the GA:
- Runway 18R / 36L or Polderbaan, which has a length of 12,467 feet.
- Runway 24/06 or Kaagbaan, which has a length of 11,483 feet.
- Runway 27/09 or Buitenveldertbaan, which has a length of 11,329 feet.
- Runway 18L / 36R or Aalsmeerbaan, which has a length of 11,155 feet.
- Runway 18C / 36C or Zwanenburgbaan which is 10,826 feet long.
- Runway 22/04 or Oostbaan, which has a length of 6,608 feet.
Amsterdam Airport terminals
The airport has a single terminal divided into three AMS Schiphol departures lounges for you to use after booking your flight. Hall 1 has dock B and C working for Schengen; Hall 2 has dock D and E, such as Eva Air. Hall 3 consists of docks F, G, H / M where you can take flights from Kenya Airways, China Airlines, etc.
If you want to travel immediately and have Schiphol flight departures, you must take some of the most used airlines such as:
- British Airways
- Aer Lingus
- Air France
Destinations at Amsterdam Airport
Among the most popular destinations that you can take from the airport facilities are:
- Italy – Rome–Fiumicino, Milan–Malpensa
- USA – Atlanta, New York JFK, Detroit
- Spain – Valencia, Alicante, Bilbao, and Malaga
- France – Bordeaux, Lyon, Toulouse, Nice Cote d’Azur, and Marseille
- Swiss – Geneva
- Norway – Oslo
- UK – Manchester, London Gatwick
- Germany – Berlin, Stuttgart, Bremen, Hamburg, and Hannover