Penang International Airport
Malaysia Airport Sdn Bhd,
11900 Bayan Lepas,
Tel: +60 (0) 4 6434411
IATA code: PEN
ICAO code: WMKP
PEN Arrivals today
Experience Penang International Airport arrivals
It is a major international airport and considered one of the best in all of Malaysia. Each of the domestic Penang airport flight arrivals operates with the main strategic points in Southeast Asia. In 2008, it was traveled by 3 million passengers. The Penang arrivals increased a lot since then to 8 million in 2019. In 2020 just 2 million passenger used the airport to travel.
- Firefly: Samui, Phuket and Langkawi.
- Malaysia Airlines to Singapore Changi, Kuala Lumpur, Don Mueang Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi Bangkok, Phuket and Langkawi.
- China Southern Airlines to Guangzhou.
- Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong.
- AirAsia to Soekarna-Hatta, Juanda, Kota Kinabalu, Senai, Kuching.
- China Airlines to Taiwan Taipei.
- Malindo Air to Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah.
It is an airport equipped with facilities adapted for disabled people and any passenger. It is about 16 km south of Georgetown (Capital of Penang) and Penang flight arrivals are from major cities in Southeast Asia.
It can handle up to 10 million passengers per year, and in 2018, it served 7.8 million passengers. Its runways are 3,353 m long for PEN airport arrivals with even big airplanes. The airport’s cargo center handles 360,000 tons of cargo.
Penang Airport Transport
The city is very connected to the international airport thanks to its transportation methods.
- Car: Thanks to the proximity between Georgetown and the airport, people can travel from both points by car. The journey only takes 20 minutes after Penang airport arrivals.
- PEN arrivals and take a taxi: This is an option that passengers can choose. Its prices are very affordable and cover several routes. Reservations for these taxis must be made in advance.
- Take the bus after your Penang airport flight arrivals: Three bus routes are available that take all visitors from the airport to the capital city. It has several places of stops.
Terminal of Penang Airport
This airport has only one terminal building for passengers with Penang arrivals; the other two terminals only serve as cargo. It has 17 aircraft positions, and the building has 32 check-in counters, 11 gates, and eight air bridges. The passenger terminal buildings offer various duty-free shops, cafes, restaurants, offices, and banks.
The Wi-Fi access point in this terminal is located in the Penang flight arrivals hall, and where anyone can find business centers. Offices are available that provide telephone, printing, and fax services; in addition, VIP lounges for selected passengers. The passenger terminal consists of two levels; the first is used for all international or national PEN airport arrivals and the second for departure.
The airlift is the one that allows the connection between the two levels, and all passengers can walk for boarding. Currently, these terminals go through constant inspections to confirm that everything is structurally good. Millions of people per year visit these terminals to experience Penang airport arrivals.