Langkawi International Airport
Pengurus Lapangan Terbang, Malaysia Airport Berhad,
Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Langkawi,
07100 Padang Mat Sirat, MALAYSIA
Tel: +60 (0) 4 9551311
IATA code: LGK
ICAO code: WMKL
LGK Arrivals today
Know More About Langkawi International Airport arrivals
Why hesitate to know the sentimental, cultural, tourist, and historical value of the Langkawi archipelago? There is no need to hesitate with an extremely intense adventure option, with Langkawi arrivals you get natural beauty and tropical climates. It is a site that arose from a cursed belief to an innovation in the radiance of nature itself that awaits the Langkawi flight arrivals of millions of people.
Top routes from LGK
- KUL – Kuala Lumpur
- PEN – Penang
- JHB – Johor Bahru
- KBR – Kota Bharu
- IPH – Ipoh
- SIN – Singapore
Fly these routes with the available airlines AirAsia, Firefly, Malaysia Airlines, Malindo Air, Scoot.
Previously, the airfield was used by the Japanese army in the Second World War, which later passed into the hands of the British. In 1991, construction finally began on Langkawi Airport, one of the most modern, and was completed in 1993 for LGK airport arrivals.
The airbase allows national Langkawi airport arrivals from Malaysia, and international travel to China, United Kingdom, Singapore, and Qatar. It is the seventh most important and tourist airport in the country, coupled with great innovations that have been implemented to increase the Langkawi arrivals.
Location for Langkawi flight arrivals
It is situated in the mukim (similar to township) of Padang Matsirat, Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia. Its location covers the southwest of the island, about 13 km from the archipelago capital, Kuah.
To go comfortably to the Langkawi airport, sadly there are no trains or public transport on the island, but there are still multiple alternatives:
- LGK airport arrivals and travel further by car or rented bus, one of the easiest options from Kuah with an easy transfer of 25 minutes to half an hour. It is done by taking highway number 112 from Jalan Padang Matsirat.
- Take a taxi after your Langkawi airport arrivals. Taxis are active at slightly high prices but fixed rates.
In 2015, the airfield presented a massive wave that handled more than 30,853 aircraft movements and 2,300,000 passengers. Such a feat, they elevated it in the statistics of major international and domestic LGK arrivals in Malaysia.
The facility serves the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Expo (LIMA). They have public entertainment events related to the aviation industry and aeronautical performances. These shows are held every odd year in December.
It had an improvement in its structural capacities in September 2018 to be able to accommodate 4 million passengers per year who came to its services. They also include a Muslim prayer room.
Frequent flight routes
- Langkawi arrivals from Kuching International Airport KCH, Malaysia with AirAsia
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport KUL, Malaysia: AirAsia, American Airlines, Malaysia Airlines and Malindo Air
- Langkawi flight arrivals from Penang International Airport PEN, Malaysia with the carriers AirAsia, Firefly, Malaysia Airlines and Malindo Air
- Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah International Airport SZB, Malaysia: Firefly, Malaysia Airlines and Malindo Air
- LGK airport arrivals from Singapore Changi Airport SIN, Singapore with the airlines AirAsia, Malaysia Airlines, SilkAir, Singapore Airlines, Singapore Airlines Cargo and Tiger Airways