BKI Arrivals today
Kota Kinabalu Airport
Pengurus Lapangan Terbang, Aras 5 Bangunan Terminal,
Lapangan Terbang Atarabangsa Kota Kin.,
88740 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, MALAYSIA
Tel: +60 (0) 88 238555
IATA code: BKI
ICAO code: WBKK
Get To Know Kota Kinabalu International Airport Arrivals
Kota Kinabalu International Airport (KKIA) assists the Kota Kinabalu city, the capital of Sabah, Malaysia. It is the second busiest airport in Malaysia by several passengers, the first being Kuala Lumpur Airport.
About KKIA arrivals
Kota Kinabalu International Airport is located 8 km (5 miles) southeast of downtown Kota Kinabalu. It is the main gate to the state of Sabah and the island of Borneo. The new terminal 1 building was inaugurated in 2008 for Kota Kinabalu arrivals, and its remodeling offers greater comforts and attractions to passengers passing through this air terminal.
This airport began as a military airfield built in World War II by the Imperial Japanese Army for BKI airport arrivals.
- Kota Kinabalu flight arrivals and travel by bus: From the airport, you can take a bus that will take you to the city of Kota Kinabalu. On level 1, you should look for the bus stop in the arrivals area of the main terminal. The bus goes from the city to Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and then returns to Kota Kinabalu. The frequency is 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cab: You can take a taxi at the airport to the city after Kota Kinabalu airport arrivals. Go to the taxi counters and get all the information you need. The trip can last 20 minutes.
- Car rental: Another option to get from Kota Kinabalu airport to the city center is by renting a car. BKI arrivals are also easy after bringing the car back at the airport.
Kota Kinabalu International Airport has two terminals to process Kota Kinabalu arrivals which are: Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
- Terminal 1 is the main terminal at Kota Kinabalu Airport and the newest building that have BKI airport arrivals. It can handle 9 million passengers each year. It has three levels and 64 check-in counters for international flights and domestic flights. It has cafes, restaurants, ATMs, duty-free shops, and much more.
- Terminal 2 is the oldest building in the airport and handles domestic, charter, and VIP Kota Kinabalu flight arrivals. It has 26 check-in counters and is divided into the Kota Kinabalu airport arrivals area and the departure area. It is suitable for low-cost airlines and charter airlines. This terminal has six parking lots for B737 and A320 aircraft. This terminal offers restaurants and cafes, ATMs, shops and Duty-Free, and more.
Flight routes with BKI arrivals
Taiwan Taipei Airport: AirAsia and Malaysia Airlines
Seoul Incheon Airport: Taiwan Airport: Asiasa Airlines, Eastar Jet, Korean Air, Malaysia Airlines
Singapore Changi Airport: AirAsia, Malaysia Airlines, Silk Air, Singapore Airlines,
Puerto Princesa Airport: Malaysia Airlines
Penang Airport: AisAsia
Kuala Lumpur Airport: AirAsia, Malaysia Airlines, Malindo Air
Kuching Airport: AirAsia and Malaysia Airlines
Tokyo Narita Airport: Japan Airlines and Malaysia Airlines
Bali Nguraj Rai Airport: Indonesia AirAsia
Soekarno-Hatta Airport: AirAsia
Hong Kong Airport: AirAsia, Cathay Pacific, Dragonair and Malaysia Airlines
Shenzhen Airport: AirAsia, China Southern Airlines
Shanghai Pudong Airport: China SSS and Malaysia Airlines
Hangzhou and Guangzhou: AirAsia
Brunei Airport: Royal Brunei Airlines and Malaysia Airlines
Perth Airport: Malaysia Airlines