Ohrid St. Paul the Apostle Airport
- IATA: OHD
- ICAO: LWOH
Address: PB 134, 6000 Ohrid, Republic of North Macedonia
Tel: +389 (46) 252 820
Owner/Operator: TAV Airports
OHD departures today
About Ohrid St. Paul the Apostle Airport Departures
Ohrid St. Paul the Apostle Airport is its official name, but it is mainly just called Ohrid Airport. It is located northwest of the city about 6 miles. Due to the increase in Wizz Air, the destination for mainly holidaymakers has grown considerably in the last 10 years. The location is also fantastic with good weather on a large lake. Ohrid airport departures are from the 2,550-foot runway to some twenty destinations in Europe.
Destinations from Ohrid Airport
Aerodrom Ohrid departures are often seasonal but there are also flights by Wizz Air all year round. Some important destinations are:
Ohrid has a small airport and terminal. All actions take place on the ground floor for Ohrid flights departures. The Ohrid Airport departures start on arrival at the terminal right in front of you where you can check in. Then you go right through the passport control to the gates. Check the screens to see which gate you should board at and take a seat there.
What to do in Ohrid
- Church of St.John: it is in a fantastic location with a beautiful view of the lake including the mountains.
- Tsar Samuel’s Fortress: This fortress is located in the old part of the city of Ohrid on a hill. It offers one of the best views of the area and of course the lake. Much has been preserved of the old walls and towers.
- Churches: there are certainly two churches that are worth visiting. In the old part of the city is the church of St. Sophia and near the fortress of Samuel is another church. This one is called Saints Clement and Panteleimon.
- Theatre: there is a theater of Ohrid on the hill and at the same time in the center. The theater is from 200 BC where many battles, performances but also executions have taken place in the past.
- To relax in the area you can fish in the lake. A nice location for this is a boardwalk at Potpesh Beach. Do you like shopping? Don’t forget to go to the Bazaar to buy something nice. There are also many opportunities to walk around Lake Ohrid. You can end up at beautiful quiet places and relax by endlessly staring at the lake. Many people have Ohrid arrivals to chill out. There are also enough beaches to achieve this with nice cozy bars and restaurants.