Luxembourg International Airport
Luxembourg Airport Address:
4, rue de Treves,
B.P. 635 L-2016 Luxembourg
Phone. (+352) 2464 0 for all information about flights and the airport
Phone. (+352) 2464 1 for the company’s administrative switchboard
Owner: Luxembourg Airport Authority
Alias: Luxembourg Findel Airport
IATA code: LUX
ICAO code: ELLX
LUX Arrivals today
LUX Departures today
Find Out Luxembourg airport departures & arrivals
One of the easiest ways to get to know the State of Luxembourg is by having Luxembourg flight arrivals. You don’t have to look far to come across Luxembourg airport, which has been operating Luxembourg departures for one century. It is one of the most relevant airports in the State that makes up the European Union. This airport is the only one with paved runways for Luxembourg arrivals in the country, so it gains importance. If you want to visit this beautiful country, you will have to land at the only civil-military airport in the region. This civil-military airport is very active throughout the year and stands out for its number of commercial Luxembourg flight departures.
Top 10 flight routes
- OPO – Porto
- MUC – Munich
- MXP – Milan Malpensa
- AMS – Amsterdam Schiphol
- LIS – Lisbon
- FRA – Frankfurt
- LCY – London City
- CDG – Paris Charles de Gaulle
- VIE – Vienna
- GVA – Geneva
You have to know in depth the air facility, how to get there among the different airlines that have LUX airport arrivals. Know about the airport facilities, the terminal and the destination airlines are divided. Find out which LUX airport departures you can take from the airport, so you don’t stop your business trips. Finally, you can know which are the most frequented destinations that you will have from the Luxembourg airport.
Luxembourg airport was built in the early 1930s under the name Sandweiler airbase for the first Luxembourg airport arrivals. Together with two other terminals, this airport makes up all the air access points that Luxembourg has. However, this airport is one of the most important in the region due to the number of international LUX departures it offers and who make business trips.
Currently, the Luxembourg airport is capable of handling 4,5 million passengers in 2019 and 1,5 million in the year 2020. With more than 85 thousand Luxembourg arrivals per year, the airport is recognized as one of the busiest in the region. Another point in favor of the Luxembourg airport is that it is the only one in the area that has paved runways to process the Luxembourg flight departures. The airport is also an important cargo center, housing more than 821 thousand tons.
Location for LUX airport arrivals
You can find the airport within the Luxembourg city limits along with the Sandweiler commune. The airport covers more than 500 hectares of land, so it is so large that it is impossible not to distinguish it.
Transportation Luxembourg airport
As a tourist you must be interested in the means of transport you can take outside the airport. Among the ground transportation services that you will have at Luxembourg airport are:
- Luxembourg airport departures by car or taxi rental service is one of the most requested by tourists arriving in Luxembourg. You have to take the A1 highway that will connect you with the region’s communes and the capital city. The travel time does not exceed one hour. You will travel less than 10 km from the city center to the aerial zone on this road.
- Use the train services after LUX arrivals. They are available 24 hours a day for the whole week for you to take. The train will pass through the Luxembourg station every half hour for you to be on the lookout. If you want to leave the airport for the city of Sandweiler, you can go to the Luxembourg train station to have Luxembourg departures. In this station the train will pass every 30 minutes, it is very comfortable and inexpensive
At Luxembourg airport, you can have only one runway for Luxembourg flight arrivals at your disposal that stands out for:
- Runway 24/06 at the airport is 4,002 meters long by 50 meters wide for LUX airport departures. This track is made of asphalt and is reconditioned every year to give passengers safety.
Luxembourg airport terminals
As Luxembourg airport is the largest, the region must certainly have a high-end terminal with many services. You can divide the aerial installation into two terminals in which you will have:
- Terminal A: It was built in 1975, making it the oldest in the airport for Luxembourg airport arrivals, although it has been remodeled on several occasions. Terminal A has several operating airlines, check-in counters for Luxembourg departures, and baggage carousels. In this terminal, you will find a customs center, airport security, and train station.
- Terminal B: It was opened to the public in 2004 to process Luxembourg flight arrivals; it has an access bridge with terminal A so that the passenger can navigate without problems. Terminal B houses the HUB airlines of the airport so that you can go there and contact them. This terminal is capable of serving more than 6 million people a year.
Airlines with Luxembourg airport departures
At the Luxembourg airport, you will have several airlines available with Luxembourg arrivals such as:
- TAP Air Portugal
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Aegean Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Swiss International Airlines
- LOT Polish Airlines
- British Airways
At the Luxembourg airport, you can contact the cargo airlines such as:
- Cargolux, Luxair, China Airlines, Qatar Airways Cargo, and Luxembourg Air Rescue.
If you want to travel from this great airport and have Luxembourg flight departures you must take one of these destinations:
- UK – London Heathrow, London Stansted, and Glasgow Pretwick
- Turkey – Istanbul
- Sweden – Stockholam Arlanda
- Spain – Malaga Costa del Sol, Madrid Barajas, Barcelona El Prat, Zaragoza, Palma de Mallorca
- Switzerland – Zurich
- United Arab Emirates – Abu Dhabi and Dubai DXB
- Denmark – Copenhagen
- France – Paris Orly, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Marseille, Nice Cote d’Azur
- Italy – Bergamo, Rome Fiumicino, Bari, Bologna, Venice Marco Polo
- Ireland – Dublin
- Portugal – Funchal and Faro
- Poland – Krakow and Warsaw Chopin
- Germany – Hamburg, Berlin, and Stuttgart
- Austria – Innsbruck