Fukuoka International Airport
778-1 Shimousui, Hakata Ward, Fukuoka, 812-0003, Japan
Tel: +81 (0) 92 4837007
IATA code: FUK
ICAO code: RJFF
FUK Arrivals today
Guide about Fukuoka International Airport arrivals
Fukuoka Airport, previously Itazuke Air Base, is a domestic and international airport in Hakata-Ku, Fukuoka, Japan, located 1.6 miles east of Hakata Station. Fukuoka Airport is the primary airport on Kyushu Island and Japan’s fourth busiest passenger airport. After Mumbai, London–Gatwick, and Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen, the airport is the fourth busiest single-runway airport in the world by passenger traffic as of 2017. Because the airport is surrounded by residential areas, Fukuoka arrivals are halted at 10 p.m. and resumed at 7 a.m. at the request of residents.
Popular flight routes
- HND – Tokyo Haneda
- OKA – Naha
- KMI – Miyazaki
- NGO – Nagoya
- NRT – Tokyo Narita
- ITM – Osaka
- SDJ – Sendai
- TSJ – Tsushima
- CTS – Sapporo Chitose
- KMQ – Komatsu
Transportation at Fukuoka Airport
Local buses have FUK airport arrivals and run from Hakata Station, Tenjin, and Fukuoka Tower.
A bus from surrounding places is a good option to be on time for your Fukuoka flight arrivals. Buses run to Hita, Yufuin, Beppu, Kokura, Saga, Kumamoto, Kurume, Karatsu, Imari, Miyazaki (night bus), and Kurokawa onsen.
Taxis and car rental offices are readily available at the airport.
In 2019, Fukuoka handled over 24 million passengers.It was around 10 million in 2020 and will be probably in 2021.
Fukuoka Airport terminal
It has two terminals for Fukuoka airport arrivals, one domestic and the other international, with flights around Japan and Asia. The airport has a single runway that spans 2800 meters for all FUK arrivals.
The domestic terminal serves Fukuoka arrivals from almost every significant Japanese carrier budget airline, with connections to every corner of the country. Within the terminal, there are several shops and eateries.
Meanwhile, the international terminal at Fukuoka Airport is housed in a separate structure across the runway and is connected domestic terminal through a free shuttle bus. From here, you can have FUK airport arrivals from Korea, China, Taiwan, Singapore, and several other countries.
Fukuoka Airport Car Rental Companies
- Toyota Rent A Car
- Nissan Rent A Car
- NIPPON Rent-A-Car Kyushu
- Times CAR RENTAL
- ORIX Rent-A-Car
- Idex Auto Japan
- NICONICO Rent-A-Car
The Fukuoka Airport Building Baggage Storage Counter in the International terminal’s first level houses the Left Luggage office: 8:00 a.m. to 9:40 p.m. Rates: the storage price for a medium-sized piece of luggage is $600 per calendar day. The overnight cost for a medium-sized suitcase (stored till next morning) is $1200.
Fukuoka flight arrivals
- Upon Fukuoka airport arrivals, proceed to the airport’s immigration and passport control areas.
- Passengers are split into many lines. There is usually a line for citizens of the host country, a line for citizens of the area (EU, ECOWAS, etc.), and a line for non-immigrant tourists. To avoid confusion and losing time, make sure you enter the proper line when you have FUK arrivals.
- You will most likely travel through the non-immigrant guest line when passing through immigration in a country where you are not a national of the host country.
- In the immigration area, do not use your cell phone (put silent mode) or cameras. Cell phone calls are prohibited in this location and may be subject to surveillance.
- After clearing customs and immigration, get your belongings and proceed to the exit to the Fukuoka arrivals hall.
Nearby hotels to stay
It is not permissible to spend the night at this airport because it closes at 10:30 p.m. and reopens at 6:00 a.m for the first FUK airport arrivals. You may hire nap or shower rooms at Relaxing Lounge Time at Terminal 2 for uninterrupted sleep. Otherwise, nearby hotels are available for late Fukuoka flight arrivals.
- WBF Grande Hakata Hotel – (10 minutes away from the airport) There are no accessible airport shuttles.
- Anchor Hotel Hakata – (10 minutes away from the airport) There is no airport shuttle.
- The B Hakata – (10 minutes away from the airport) There is no airport shuttle.