Venice Marco Polo International Airport
Viale G Galilei 30/1,
I-30030 Tessera (Venezia), Italy
Tel: +39 (0) 41 2609260
Fax: +39 (0) 41 2606409
Owner: Società Aeroporto Venezia S.p.A.
IATA code: VCE
ICAO code: LIPZ
VCE Arrivals today
About Venice Marco Polo International Airport Arrivals
Venice Marco Polo Airport also referred to as Marco Polo International Airport; VCE has non-stop flights to 39 countries around the world. It also handles 14 domestic destinations to have Venezia airport arrivals. Located in the Tessera region (outskirts of Venice), the airport is considered Venice’s primary one. Venice airport arrivals is fifth most in Italy’s despite having a single passenger terminal. The airlines Easyjet and Volotea have a base at the airport. The airport is located roughly 13 kilometers from Venice.
Transportation from Marco Polo Airport
Venice Marco Polo Airport or also called Venice Tessera Airport is north of the city. There are several ways to travel from the airport to downtown Venice and vice-versa. Passengers can opt for a taxi, water boat service, take a bus, or rent a car for traveling around picturesque locations.
- Travel easily by bus to the city center of Venice in 20-25 minutes. You can buy bus tickets in the arrivals hall at the ticket office or at the ticket machines. When buying in the ATVO bus you have to pay an extra charge.
- Venezia Piazzale Roma (city center): ACTV line 5 or line 35 ATVO Venezia Express.
- Mestre railway station and city center: ACTV line 15 or line 25.
- Travel by train is only possible if you first travel to Venezia Mestre train station by bus or taxi. From there you could take the short train ride to Venezia Santa Lucia (Venice train station).
- VCE airport arrivals are also available by boat shuttle.
- Alilaguna: travel by water bus. This service offers routes to Venice but also to Murano, Burano and Lido. Buy your tickets in the Treviso arrivals hall at the ticket office public transport. However, they are only open Thursday through Sunday from 10:00 am to 12:50 pm. You can also buy tickets at Darsena Docks with limited opening hours and at the ticket machines at baggage claim. Another option is simply onboard. The journey costs 15 euros and takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Travel by water taxi. This is one of the most expensive options, but ideal for arriving at your desired location. A private water taxi can cost 100-150 euros, depending on the amount of people and final destination. Shared water taxis are sometimes also available. These are obviously cheaper and you pay per person.
- If you travel by taxi, it’s about 45 euros to the center.
- Car rental: If you want to rent a car you have to walk to Parking P1. The car rental offices are on the third floor.
There are different parking lots to choose from with short and long term.
- Park P1 Covered garage
- Park P2 Long stay uncovered
- Park P3 Long stay
- Park P4 Long stay uncovered
- Park P6 Long stay uncovered
- Speedy Park 2 minute to terminal and first 10 minutes free
- Short Term: first 10-minute parking is free
Runways and terminals at Venice Airport
VCE has two operational runways and a single terminal. At ground level are the Venice Marco Polo arrivals and therefore the baggage claim. From this floor you will have to go to First level to leave. That’s where the check-in areas and departure lobby for boarding are. The offices are at the top floor.
Venice Airport flight routes
Not all Venice arrivals will be at Marco Polo Airport. There is another airport a little further on land which is Treviso Airport. There were almost 12 million passengers at the airport in 2019, but unfortunately this was not followed up by the corona in 2020. In 2021 something may be made good, but it will be difficult. Last year there were 2.8 million passengers. That was 34,337 Marco Polo Airport arrivals. Many of these flights were domestic because of the restrictions with other (non) European countries. These were mostly performed by Volotea. If tourism picks up again, flights from all over Europe and beyond will undoubtedly restart. Major routes with VCE airport arrivals:
- Aer Lingus from Dublin
- Aeroflot from Moscow
- Air Dolomiti from Munich
- Air France from Paris and Lyon
- Asiana from Seoul
- Austrian Airlines from Vienna
- Air Europa from Madrid
- British Airways from London Gatwick, City and Heathrow
- Brussels Airlines from Brussels
- Easyjet from Amsterdam, Berlin, Bordeaux, Glasgow, Manchester, Nice
- Emirates from Dubai
- Iberia from Madrid
- KLM from Amsterdam
- Alitalia from Rome
Ryanair offers different Venice flight arrivals from cities all over Europe.
Thanks to vaccination campaigns in various countries, the world is slowly moving on the road to recovery. The slow change is visible in airport operations as well. Until a few months back, VCE was not even partially operational. Marco Polo flight arrivals starting to show up again.
There are direct or connecting flights to VCE from destinations like:
- Liege (LGG)
- Milan (MXP)
- Naples (NAP)
- Istanbul (IST)
- Tirana (TIA)
- Paris (CDG)
- Amsterdam (AMS), etc.
The daily Venice Marco Polo arrivals list includes flights to Frankfurt. Schedules are subject to change; thus, check the Venice airport arrivals list for updates.
Several areas of the airport, including smoking areas and VIP Lounge, are closed temporarily. Italy has put travel restrictions in place. So, passengers from no-fly countries cannot enter the country even if they have negative corona-virus test results. Plus, there is another list of high-risk countries. Individuals coming to Italy from these nations need to spend 14 days in isolation at designed quarantine facilities, no matter if they are carrying COVID-19 negative certificates or not. The list of countries that can have Venice flight arrivals keeps on updating daily. Thus, passengers are advised to check with the airline to ensure their flight is arriving at the scheduled time.
Several measures for ensuring passenger and employee safety
Italy is set to remain in a state of emergency throughout April, and the status may extend beyond April as the nation is facing another wave of the corona-virus pandemic. Thus, the entry is limited to visitors from the European Union nations. In summer 2021, Venice airport arrivals are starting to increase again.
Italy constantly made it in the headlines due to COVID-19 cases and deaths. However, Venice was never the epicenter. Now, airlines are working on their summer flight schedules for Italy. The Marco Polo airport arrivals of tourists is still lower than expected. And this can prove to be a good opportunity for fully vaccinated tourists to enjoy the city center. They can enjoy the unspoiled countryside, fantastic wine, and incredible food.
Venice Marco Polo Airport (VCE) has achieved ACI Airport Health Accreditation for the administration’s efforts to protect employees and passengers. All transit areas and contact surfaces are sanitized every hour. The airport also offers rapid testing facilities for travelers at the terminal (one).
- Annia Park Hotel Venice Airport
- B&B “Gabriel&Melissa” Airport View
- Courtyard by Marriott Venice Airport
- Titian Inn Hotel Venice Airport
- Dolce Laguna Bed and Breakfast