FCO Arrivals today
Rome Fiumicino Airport
PO Box 68, Via Dell´Aeroporto di Fiumicino 320,
I-00050 Fiumicino, Rome, ITALY
Tel: +39 (0) 06 65951
Fax: +39 (0) 06 65953776
Owner: Aeroporti di Roma S.p.A.
IATA code: FCO
ICAO code: LIRF
About Rome international airport arrivals
Rome Fiumicino Airport is a world airport in Rome and therefore the primary airport in Italy. The first Rome FCO arrivals took place in 1961. It is among the busiest airports in Europe by passenger traffic, with over 43.5 million passengers served in 2019. Because of the pandemic this fell down to 103.496 Rome Airport arrivals and departures and only 9.830.957 passengers in 2020.
Fiumicino Airport is 13 miles from the town center. Therefore the fastest Rome Fiumicino arrivals are by taxi in 40 minutes. Buses and trains may take a bit longer than this, especially at peak times.
1. Bus: Rome Fiumicino Airport offers a good selection of FCO airport arrivals by bus services to transfer to downtown Rome.
- Cotral bus
- S.I.T. shuttle
- T.A.M. bus
- Terravision bus
- Rome Airport Bus
2. Taxi: At FCO Airport, you will find taxis at the Rome arrivals hall of Terminal 1 and Terminal 3. A one-way trip to Rome will take 40 minutes up to an hour, consistent with your destination.
3. Train: Leonardo Express have a direct train service from the center with many FCO arrivals:
- Leonardo Express
- FM1 Train
- Suburban train FL1
4. Metro: Two lines connect Rome Airport to Rome city center: Line A (orange) and B (blue).
5. Tram: There isn’t any tram line that gets directly from Rome Airport to Rome and back.
6. Hire car: Car Rentals are always accessible and advisable after you have Roma Fiumicino arrivals so you can easily travel around where you want to go to.
The airport currently has three passenger terminals for Rome Fiumicino arrivals, of which two are currently used.
- Terminal 1 (Gates B1–B30) is by Alitalia and other airlines from SkyTeam.
- Terminal 3 (Gates C8–C16, D1–D10, E1-E8, E11-E24, E31-44, and E51-61) is the largest terminal in Rome employed by most businesses and Fiumicino airport arrivals.
- Terminal 5(formerly Gates E1-E8, E11-E24, E31-44, and E51-61) was covered by all U.S. and Israeli carriers. Because of renovation this terminal is currently closed.
Rome Fiumicino Airport Arrivals
1. Passport control and immigration
Fiumicino isn’t known for speed. Times will vary counting on the number of flights arriving but expect to spend an extended time in security and immigration queues (lines), albeit you’re coming back from another European Union (E.U.) or Schengen country.
- E.U. countries: you may be lucky, particularly if you do not have stowed luggage, you are allowed around thirty minutes to urge through passport control – more if there are tons of flights arriving at the same time.
- Fiumicino arrivals from the US: flights from the U.S.A. usually reach a terminal, and you’ll get the shuttle train to the most terminal. It runs every jiffy and only takes a few minutes to reach the most building.
Once you’re there, passport control can take anything from thirty to around ninety minutes. Fiumicino is usually under-staffed, and you’ll well find only two or three immigration booths hospitable affect many passengers.
2. Be prepared
Be prepared to possess a book and a bottle of water handy, particularly if you’re traveling within the summer. The queue won’t move any longer quickly.
3. Getting the bags
Getting through luggage is straightforward in the FCO airport arrivals process.
4. Collecting money
One can convert their money into France currency and inspect.
Airlines that use the airport often
Various airlines have FCO arrivals at the Fiumicino Airport. These airlines include
· Aer Lingus
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air Europa
- Air France
- Blue Air
- British Airways
- Brussels Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
- Monarch airlines.
Airlines flying from Rome
There are in total more than 80 Rome arrivals routes flying to Rome from different destinations.
It is a secure airport and a well-liked one with flights coming in from everywhere on the planet. It’s one among the foremost used airports in Rome and is accessible in Rome too.