Aeroporto Falcone Borsellino
Address: 90045 Cinisi, Province of Palermo, Italy
IATA airport code: PMO
Elevation: 20 m
Telephone: +39 800 541 880
ICAO airport code: LICJ
Alias: Falcone-Borsellino Airport and Punta Raisi Airport
Falcone Borsellino Airport
PMO Departures today
Find out which Palermo flight departures are available
To land in Sicily, Italy, you will surely have to know the most important airport in the area. Palermo airport is one of the busiest in on the island, and you have to find out about it. You can learn about the history, location, and how you can leave the airport before taking the PMO flight departures.
The Falcone Borsellino airport, or “Palermo airport” as it is known. It was founded in 1985 to start with Falcone Borsellino airport departures. It is administered by GESAP. This airport was named after the judges Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino, who fought against the mafias. Inside the airport facilities, there is a huge plaque that pays tribute to these great people.
GESAP has manipulated the airport facilities to provide the best service to people with Falcone Borsellino departures. Since 2014 the airport has undergone several changes in which it expanded its operations to Europe and other regions.
Palermo Airport ground transport
When you arrive at Palermo airport, you may be surprised by the architectural works seen there. The airport is beautiful and functional and you will have several means of transport to leave or go there:
- Palermo Centrale train: the first means of public transportation that you should consider taking from the airport is rail from Punta Raisi station. Palermo departures by train runs throughout the day and can take you to any area of Sicily.
- Public bus: if you want to save money and take a mini-tour of Sicily, you can take public bus service from the airport. PMO airport departures with this mode of transport is very good and can take you to any area in less than an hour.
- Car rentals: Palermo airport is not far behind with your car rental giving you several companies for you to contact. After arrival you can have PMO departures by rental car from Enterprise, Maggiore, Europcar or Sicily By car to have a working vehicle waiting for you at the airport.
Palermo Airport Terminal
Palermo airport only has one terminal made up of 3 runways for its domestic and international Falcone Borsellino flight departures. It is a quite pleasant terminal; it has many shops and relevant information for passengers. Every year it accommodates 6-7 million passengers and the Palermo airport departures keep increasing. Due the pandemic the numbers went down to 2,701,519. Those were 14 thousand Palermo departures.
Location of Palermo Airport
How you can locate the Palermo airport is on the island of Sicily, specifically in Punta Raisi. This airport is located less than 22 miles from the city of Palermo in Italy.
If you want to go to Palermo airport, you will have to choose between the most specific airlines for Falcone Borsellino airport departures such as:
- Air Malta
- Air France
- Austrian Airlines
- British Airways
- Brussels Airlines
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Norwegian Air Shuttle
- Swiss International Airlines
- TUI Airways
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Wizz Air
Palermo Airport destinations
At Palermo airport, you can take domestic and international Palermo flight departures that promote your vacation around the world:
- Milan Malpensa
- Rome Fiumicino
- New York
- London Gatwick/Luton/Stansted
You have to make a prior reservation for any domestic or international PMO airport departures because they are scarce. Palermo airport is one of the most used in Sicily (next to Catania Airport), and that is where its high demand comes from. You will have a website attentive to the request for flights for you to take your whole family on vacation.