Catania–Fontanarossa Airport also known as Vincenzo Bellini Airport
Address: Aeroporto Fontanarossa, I-95100 Catania, ITALY
Tel: +39 (0) 95 7239111
Owner: Società Aeroporto Catania S.p.A.
IATA code: CTA
ICAO code: LICC
CTA Arrivals today
About Catania Fontanarossa arrivals
Catania–Fontanarossa Airport also called Vincenzo Bellini Airport. It is an international airport 4.3 km southwest of Catania and is the second-largest city on the Italian island of Sicily. It was named Vincenzo Bellini to honor the opera composer who was born in Catania. In 2016 they carried over 8 million passengers with most Catania arrivals from Rome. In the last few years, the airport has grown to more than 10 million passengers per year. Due to Corona, passenger numbers have dropped to 3,654,457 in 2020 with 33,951 Catania flight arrivals. The Catania Fontanarossa – Rome Fiumicino route is Italy’s busiest air route. The airport’s runways is 2435 m x 37 m.
To cope with increasing passengers’ additional terminals equipped with 22 gates and 6 loading brigades for CTA airport arrivals and they can handle more than 10 million passengers per year. Other popular domestic routes:
Some airlines with Catania Fontanarossa airport arrivals:
- Air Dolomiti
- Air malta
- Blue air
Most international CTA arrivals are coming from:
- London Gatwick Airport
Terminal Catania Airport
This is a building where passengers can able to get on/off aircraft. Also, they can get tickets, leave or pick up their baggage, and are checked by security staff. The Fontanarossa flight arrivals terminal area is divided into Schengen and non-Schengen parts that provide access to the airplane through gates. And has several amenities like an information desk, tourist information office, first aid station, lost luggage, customs, security checkpoint, and more concessions.
Best option to go to the city center by using a taxi, bus or transfers.
- By bus: Buses are available every with 20-25 mins Catania airport arrivals from 5 am to midnight every day. For easy access use AMT Alibus number 457. This route connects the city center and train station. Routes are Asse Dei Servizi, Duomo, Etnea, Stresicoro, Sicilia, Borsellino Square, Vittorio Emanuele, Faro Biscari, Tempio, Colombo, Martiri Libertà and finally Central Railway Station Catania Centrale. Tickets can purchase at the ticket office. You should validate the ticket before boarding the bus. Otherwise, you may charge a fine of €50 or more.
- Car rentals: You are able to rent a car in the terminal at a few company counters that are available. To check out a lot more there is a Rental Car Center with all the available companies to rent a car inside. By renting a car you can easily explore Sicily. Many Fontanarossa arrivals will choose this probably best option unless you only stay in Catania. Prices depend more on the vehicle than the company and prices start at approximately 40 euros per day.
- Taxi: It will cost 8-10 euros. If you want to visit some other places you may charge 1 euro per kilometer.
Under covid-19: Catania Fontanarossa arrivals by public transports are running but reduced up to 50% passenger capacity so keep that in mind.
Services at Catania Airport
They offer facilities on ATM, Post office, exchange office, business center, Assistance for disabled, wheelchair rental, nursery for kids, baggage claim and lost luggage, etc. Also, facilities include eateries, cafes, and shops but are closed at night. Free WIFI is available inside two airport lounges.
Catania Airport lounges
- Casa Alitalia lounge: This lounge is open from 5:30 am-9:30 pm and is located in the public area of the terminal. They offer services on air conditioning, beverages, flight information monitor, internet/ WIFI, newspaper/ magazines, telephone, and television. You should pay a walk-in rate of 50 USD per person
- VIP lounge SAC: This lounge is open from 6:30 am-9:00 pm and located on airside, 3rd floor, near gates 4&5.
Where to sleep
Spend your night within the airport or nearby after late Catania arrivals.
Nearby hotels are:
- Catania international airport hotel – 5 mins from the airport.
- NH Parco del Aragonesi – 10 mins from the airport.
- Romano palace luxury hotel – 5 mins from the airport.
The restaurant’s bars coffee houses and hotels are open for the customers between 5 am to 10 pm. There’s no restriction for covid-19.
This information can assist with your planning. You can also check Catania flight arrivals list online.