New Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport
Address: New Delhi, Delhi 110037, India
Telephone: +91 124 337 6000
The International Air Transport Association airport code: DEL
The International Civil Aviation Organization airport code: VIDP
DEL Departures today
Discover Indira Gandhi international airport departures
To visit India, you will have to familiarize yourself with the airports available in the region and how to locate them. You may know the airport Indira Gandhi New Delhi and be amazed by the number of destinations and airlines with DEL airport departures are available. Although this airport is not in the first place due to its functionality in the region, it is also very important.
Indira Gandhi International Airport is located 10 miles south-west of Delhi center. It’s the busiest airport in India. There are Delhi departures on 3 different runways from 9,300 to 14,500 feet. The largest aircraft in the world is able to land at this airport. Some of these are the passenger plane ‘Airbus A380’ or the cargo plane ‘Antonov 225’.
You can take a few minutes of your time to get to know the airport in-depth and be able to fly there. Find out which means of transport are classified in the air zone for you to take upon landing.
Busiest flight routes
- Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji
- Patna Jay Prakash Narayan
- Kempegowda Bengaluru
- Goa Dabolim
The Indira Gandhi Airport in New Delhi was inaugurated in 1962 for the first New Delhi flight departures, so it is about to celebrate its 60th anniversary. This airport was built as an airfield where it adopted the name of “Sadarjung” in the region of India. For now, the airport offers many domestic Delhi domestic departures to all over India for you to prioritize on your vacation.
According to unofficial figures, Indira Gandhi New Delhi’s airport can accommodate over 60 million passengers per year. Most of these users who cross the airport gates go to parts of Europe. The HUB airlines serving the airbase are Zoom Air, Vistara, Indigo, and GoAir with most New Delhi departures.
Location for Indira Gandhi airport departures
This airport is located 10 miles from the city of New Delhi in the region of India. You can recognize the airport by its large size because it has 2,066 hectares of land. The airport serves very well for cities like Delhi and other areas in northwestern India.
Transportation at Delhi Airport
When you go through the main access of the Indira Gandhi New Delhi airport, you can take several means of ground transportation before Delhi airport flight departures:
- The train services are 3 miles from the airport under the name “Palam station.” From this railway point, you can go to Shahabad Mohammadpur.
- Inside the airport, you can contact the car, van, or limousine rental services. You can take Indira Gandhi departures by using the Delhi Gurgaon Expressway that connects to the airport and get to the city as soon as possible. This main highway stands out for having eight driving lanes, so it doesn’t have much traffic.
Delhi Airport runways
At the air terminal, you can land or have New Delhi flight departures on three very large runways that are differentiated by:
- Runway 09/27: Measures 9,229 feet long.
- Runway 28/10: It is 12,500 feet long.
- Runway 11R / 29L: Measures 14,534 feet long for the biggest airplanes with New Delhi departures.
Terminals at Delhi Airport
If you want to travel in the airport, you should adapt to the terminal facilities when having New Delhi airport departures. You will have three buildings for national and international flights and those of the Charter category that also stands out for:
- Terminal 1: In this terminal, you will find New Delhi international airport departures with airlines such as Indigo and SpiceJet. The terminal can accommodate 18,000 passengers. In this terminal, you will have section 1-A, 1-C, and 1-D. Expansion is expected in 2022 to accommodate even more Indira Gandhi Airport departures. Terminal 1C and 1D are used for domestic DEL departures
- Terminal 2: It is a unique terminal for Delhi domestic departures in which you will have a small but functional space. It is made up of one of the oldest buildings in the airport. It has operating flights of GoAir and Indigo.
- Terminal 3: It is a terminal for low-cost DEL airport departures; it is the majority are national or stations for you to take. Terminal 3 is a grand 2-story building. The lower floor is the arrival area. The upper floor is for Delhi Airport departures.
Airlines for Indira Gandhi airport departures
Most Indira Gandhi departures are with the airline Air India to domestic and international destinations all over the world. You can travel from the airport Indira Gandhi in the hands of the most prominent airlines such as:
- Air India
- Alliance Air
- Go first
Destinations that are reachable with DEL departures
You can choose between the following destinations with Indira Gandhi departures that the airport will have available in India:
Some of the intercontinental routes are going to: