Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
Address: Shamshabad, Hyderabad, Telangana 500409, India
IATA Airport Code: HYD
ICAO airport code: VOHS
Alias: Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
HYD Arrivals today
Find out Rajiv Gandhi international airport arrivals
Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is Hyderabad’s airport and is located in the center of India. A total of 10 million people live here in the city and in the surrounding area. the airport is located 15 miles south of the city in Shamshabad. It hasn’t been that long since this airport opened. In the year 2008, it actually replaced the Begumpet Airport. Hyderabad airport has been named after former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. The new airport can handle the growth and as a result rose to the top 4 busiest airports in India. An average of 22 million passengers were transported per year before the pandemic. There are many local airlines to operate these flights. Some of these include Indigo, Go First, and SpiceJet. There are two terminals, one for passengers and the other for cargo. You could stay in a Novotel Hotel at the airport. The airport has 2 long runways of 3,800 and 4,260 meters.
Flight routes with Rajiv Gandhi airport arrivals
The airport is particularly popular for domestic routes. Again, IndiGo is most sought after followed by:
- GoAir, Spicejet, Trujet, AirAsia, Alliance Air and Air India.
There are not many international Hyderabad flight arrivals. If there are any, it is from London Heathrow, Dubai, Hong Kong Airport, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi AUH, Kuwait, Singapore, Doha, Colombo or Bangkok BKK. There were 22 million passengers with 183 thousand flight movements last year.
Most Shamshabad airport arrivals from domestic places are the following:
- Ranchi and many more smaller airports.
Hyderabad Airport Terminal
There is 1 terminal for passengers. For international Hyderabad arrivals, however, you have to be in another section to get to the main section to the gates after security. For both domestic and Hyderabad international airport arrivals you will arrive at the main terminal.
Most Hyderabad flight arrivals take place on the longest of the 2 runways available. The shorter one is usually only used when there is maintenance at the main track.
Transportation at Hyderabad airport
There are a number of options to get further from the airport:
- Radio taxi: these are available 24×7 outside the terminal. You can book via the counters with the companies Meru and Sky Cabs. An alternative is She Cab especially for women. Then there is also a cheaper version that can be ordered via an app. These are Uber and Ola cabs.
- You can also travel by bus. With Pushpak you travel in a luxury bus with good seats and, for example, cell phone charging.
- If you prefer to travel in the car behind the wheel, you can rent a car. The car rental company 4 Wheel Travels offers cars with or without a driver. These are mainly just luxury cars.