KEF arrivals today
Address: 235 Keflavikurflugvollur, Iceland
IATA Airport Code: KEF
ICAO Airport Code: BIKF
Alias: Reykjavik Keflavik Airport and Keflavik International Airport
Get To Know Reykjavík–Keflavík international airport arrivals
You may be drawn to the Nordic country of Iceland because of its history or because the Vikings lived there. For one reason or another, you should fulfill your dream and get to know the Nordic country by having Reykjavík arrivals. This airport is the largest in the country, and it is also the most popular for its great terminal.
You can look at the air facility and have your own opinion on its operation, Reykjavík Keflavík airport arrivals, and destinations. You can also discover where the airport is located and how you can get out of there with the available means of transport.
Officially the terrain of today’s Reykjavík-Keflavík airport was used for WWII by US forces for Reykjavík flight arrivals. This airport was built in 1942, but it achieved its independence until it was freed from the great war. The airbase is named after a pilot who died on the date of its inauguration.
Although the airport has not received many modifications over the years, the Reykjavík Keflavík arrivals are very important in Iceland. To date, the airport ranks first in operation and receives more than 1 million passengers per year.
Location for KEF airport arrivals
The aerial installation is easily located west of Keflavík city and southwest of Reykjavík city. This airport is very close to the sea, it is very large and works perfectly for both cities.
On the outskirts of the airport, you can have several means of ground transportation available such as:
- Reykjavík Keflavík flight arrivals and rent a car: You can contact various car rental companies to direct you to the nearest cities. If you want to go to Reykjavik, you will have to travel about 30 miles southwest, taking route 41.
- Reykjavík airport arrivals and travel further by taxi: You can take a taxi that will take you to the city in no more than 2 hours depending on the traffic.
- KEF arrivals and go by bus to the city: You will have at your disposal the public bus commanded by the Airport Express company that can take you to Reyjavik.
- Travel by railway after your Reykjavík arrivals: A few meters from the airport, you can take the railway that connects you with the two capital cities of Iceland. As the railway is super fast, you can reach your destination in less than 20 minutes.
Iceland’s international airport has only two runways to process all Reykjavík Keflavík airport arrivals that you can recognize by the directions:
- Runway 19-01, which is 3,054 meters long and has an asphalt surface.
- Runway 28-10, which is 3,065 meters long and has an asphalt surface.
You can admire a great air terminal that has all the services you need at all times. This terminal has seven access gates to have Reykjavík flight arrivals, a parking lot with more than 700 spaces, and several commercial premises. You can see that the terminal is divided into the north and south building that is also highlighted by national or international Reykjavík Keflavík arrivals.
The air facility offers all the comforts you as a tourist deserve and more with the expansion in 2007. For now, the terminal has two waiting rooms, one of them is for VIP KEF airport arrivals that you take from the airport.
Airlines with Reykjavík Keflavík flight arrivals
You can fly from Iceland’s Reykjavik Keflavik Airport using the following airlines:
• Norwegian Air Shuttle
• S7 Airlines
• Scandinavian Airlines
• Austrian Airlines
• British Airways
• Czech Airlines
• Delta Airlines
• Edelweiss Air
• TUI Airways
• United Airlines
• Air Canada
• Air Greenland
• Atlantic Airways
• Iberia Express
• Wizz Air
Iceland’s airport stands out for offering more than 50 national and international destinations, but the most relevant Reykjavík airport arrivals are from: