Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport
1675 Budapest Ferihegy,
P.O.Box. 53. Hungary
Tel: +36 (0) 1 2969696
Fax: +36 (0) 1 2966000
Owner: Budapest Airport Zrt.
IATA code: BUD
ICAO code: LHBP
BUD Arrivals today
Discover Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport arrivals
Liszt Ferenc Budapest International airport serving Budapest, the capital of Hungary, in Hungary: Budapest Liszt Ferenc Ferihiji Repülőtér), formerly known as Budapest Ferihegy International Airport. However, it is still known as the Ferichg Airport, located 16 kilometers southeast of Hungary. To commemorate the 200th anniversary of the birth of Hungary’s most famous Hungarian musician Liszt Ferenc, it was renamed Budapest City Center (near Pester) in 2011. Since then the Budapest Liszt Ferenc airport arrivals increased significantly.
In terms of population within the city limits, Budapest is the capital of Hungary, the most populous city, and the tenth-largest city in the European Union. The city has an estimated 1,752,286 people and occupies a surface area of about 525 km2. The airport serves Budapest arrivals for the area of Budapest with 3,303,786 people, representing 33% of the Hungarian population.
Budapest Airport terminals
There are four primary areas of the airport passenger buildings for BUD Hu arrivals:
- Terminal 1 only offer Ferihegy arrivals for charter and private flights.
- Terminal 2A is used for flights into the Schengen zone, For flights outside the Sky Court in the Schengen Area, large central waiting and acquisition space and connection to Terminals 2A and 2B Terminal 1.
Terminal 1 has been serving low-cost carriers since 1 September 2005. The Schengen and the non-Solidar gates are divided in Terminal 1 for Liszt Ferenc airport arrivals.
Within Budapest premises, the city center has faster public transport times than Terminal 2, approximately 3 km away.
Sky Court from Terminal 2A to Terminal 2B
Sky Court is the most advanced five-story building located between Terminal 2A and Terminal 2B. After BUD airport arrivals you transfer to that area. The passenger control system and the new baggage sorter moved here. Transition rooms in the new building, other shops, restaurants, and cafes have been built.
Airlines available at Budapest Airport
Some vital airlines with Budapest flight arrivals at the airport are Blue Bird Airways, Lufthansa, Brussels Airlines, Ryanair, Wizz Air, Emirates and Qantas. Most popular destinations:
- Frankfurt Airport
- United Kingdom London-Luton
- Israel Tel Aviv
- France Paris-Charles de Gaulle
- Netherlands Amsterdam
- United Kingdom London-Stansted
- Spain Barcelona
- United Kingdom London-Heathrow
- Belgium Brussels-Charleroi
- Germany Munich
But there are also many Budapest arrivals from:
- London Gatwick Airport
- Madrid Barajas
- Eindhoven Airport
- Berlin Brandenburg
When you want to travel to Asia you will have to fly to either Moscow or the UAE. From there the options to get to your favorite destination is easy.
- Public Transports: While Budapest is a city you can see on foot, with its two tram and four metro lines, you can quickly reach its prime areas if you do not want to walk or in a rush.
- Shuttle: Mini-BUD is available in all directions in Budapest, and there is a counter in the Budapest airport arrivals hall.
- Taxi: Taxi hires: A taxi that departs from the taxi stand at the BUD arrivals point of the prime operator Fotoxi. Depending on the transportation conditions, they are required.
- Bus: Bus connection: Local Express 200E runs in advance between the subway station, Kobanja-Kispest terminal, and the airport terminal. Passengers can also be asked to board the Deakter, which is the meeting point of all three subway lines. The price is 350 HUF. The 100E bus is faster, and the price is 900 HUF.
- Food: Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport has several restaurants and bars, most of which are located in the courtyard which is accessible after Budapest Liszt Ferenc arrivals. Restaurants and bars offer Hungarian, Greek, Italian, and Asian cuisine are also available.
- Luggage: The airport has lost and found offices are available. In the basement of the airport, you can also use overhead lockers and pay cash.
- Money: Terminals and connecting buildings of skyscrapers provide banking systems, ATMs, and exchange offices.