Santorini (Thira) International Airport
Address: Thera 847 00, Greece
IATA Code: JTR
Elevation: 39 m
Phone: +30 2286 028400
Change in passenger traffic: 2.0%
Aircraft movements: 21,319
ICAO airport code: LGSR
Alias: Thira International Airport
JTR Departures today
Discover Santorini International Airport Departures
Santorini International Airport is known as Thira with the location north of Kamari Village in the Santorini/Thira airport. The airport serves military and a civil Santorini departures. The airport can only serve up to six civil aircraft at the same time with its relatively small apron from 2018. Santorini is one of the few major airports in the Cyclades Islands. The runway is 6972 feet/2125m long as its main asphalt pathway (16L-34R) for all Santorini airport departures. The parallel taxiway, which is labeled 16R-34L, has been designated for the runway.
Top routes from JTR
- ATH – Athens
- LGW – London
- FCO – Rome
- ORY – Paris
- MXP – Milan
- MUC – Munich
- MAN – Manchester
- LHR – London
- STN – London
- AMS – Amsterdam
Location of Santorini Airport
It’s very accessible to the airport location. It serves Santorini flight departures for different places on the island. It’s in the eastern center of the island, near the Monolithic coast, about 6 kilometers from the island’s capital, Fira. It is also approximately 17 kilometers from the northern tip of the island, and Oya village. And as well as from Acrotri’s southern end. You usually need 15 minutes to get to Fira by shuttle bus service. It’s not more than ten minutes drive if you rent a car.
The main scheme for 14 regional airports, including international airports in Santorini, was awarded on 22 March 2017 by Frankford Greece. The following is a summary of the changes to development implemented in the framework of the Fraport Greece Investment Plan for the Santorini International Airport by 2020:
- Expand and refurbish the existing terminal to increase Santorini Thira departures.
- 236 percent increase the total terminal area by renewal part of the current terminal with another terminal at 15,640 m2.
- An increase of 113 percent in the number of counters.
There are only a few airlines that operate Santorini departures all year round. Most of these flights are to Athens but also some to Thessaloniki. You are able to fly with the airlines Volotea, Sky Express, Olympic Air, and Aegean Airlines.
Furthermore, there are many flights mainly in summer from countries such as France, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, UK, Poland and Scandanavia. Some popular departures go to:
Of course there are many more payments from or to Santorini. Many of these flights also come to the northern part of Europe to enjoy a sun holiday. Some popular options are:
- Florence, Bari, Naples, and Palermo
- Geneva, Brussels, Stavanger, and Trondheim
- Brussels Charleroi, and Luxembourg
- Frankfurt, and Dusseldorf
- Warsaw Chopin, Riga and many more .
Passenger statistics Santorini Airport
According to the 2019 year statistics, more than 2,300,408 passengers traveled to Santorini Airport. Change of passenger traffic has been increased about 2.0%. In 2020 and 2021 there have been a decrease of JTR departures.
Santorini flight departures
- There are different drop off point to arrive in the terminal.
- At least three hours before the flight gate closes at the airport. Gates close for about half an hour before the Santorini departures.
- Arrive at the airport and watch the large check-in / check-out. When it’s open, the counter tells you what it’s. Go your luggage, your air ticket and your passport there.
- Your ticket will be checked at the check-in counter, your luggage weighed and checked for your passport and visas. You will receive a small baggage ticket, which makes the flight with a unique boarding card for Santorini Thira departures.
- Follow the flight departure flight signs at the airport after check-in, with your boarding card, passport, and safety checks.
- You will be in the prime setting of the Santorini airport departures terminal with passport monitoring and security. On the terminal, there are screens to tell you which gate your aircraft is leaving and whether the gate is “open” or not.
Other services Santorini Airport
1 Lost and Found:
All airlines offer services that have been lost and found, and most have specific offices. Call and inquire about your policy with forgotten features as quickly as possible if you leave the airport.
2 ATM and Currency exchange:
It is situated in the airport’s arrival area. Onex Change is a non-banking enterprise licensed to offer Forex services throughout Greece by the Bank of Greece.
Santorini Airport offers free Wi-Fi internet access for all passengers! All terminals and public areas of the airport are equipped with Wi-Fi hotspots.