Santorini (Thira) International Airport
Address: 847 00 Santorini (Thira), Greece
Tel: +30 (0) 22860 28400
Fax: +30 (0) 22860 33349
Owner: H.C.A.A. (Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority)
IATA code: JTR
ICAO code: LGSR
JTR Arrivals today
Find out Santorini International Airport arrivals
The International Airport of Santorini (Thira) is an airport located at Santorini / Thira, Greece (IATA: JTR). The airport operates as an airport for military and civil with Santorini arrivals. The airport can only serve six civilian aircraft at a time with comparatively small arms in 2018. One of the few islands with a predominant airport in Cyclops is Santorini. The main asphalt lane (16L-34R) has a length of 6972 ft. The parallel taxiway has been built with the name 16R-34L to arrange Santorini Thira arrivals.
In the Aegean Sea of Greece, Santorini is a small island. Located in the southern part of it, it belongs to the Greek islands of the Cyclades.
History of Santorini Airport
The Privatizations Agreements of Fraport AG / Copoulos Group and the State Privatization Fund for the International Airport of Santorini and 13 regional airports in Greece were signed in December 2015. The agreement provides that the Joint Undertaking shall operate for 40 years from April 11, 2017, at fourteen airports (including the Santorini (Thira) International Airport).
There are not many domestic flights to this island. However, there are carriers like Aegean Airlines, Sky Express, and Olympic Air that offer around 5 flights a day from Athens. During the summer season there are Santorini arrivals as well from the city Thessaloniki.
Most airlines offer seasonal flights because it is a real holiday destination. Many flights come from western Europe such as:
- London Heathrow, Gatwick, London City LCY, and Luton
- Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, and Munich
- Schiphol Amsterdam
You have also other options to arrive at the airport of Santorini. They offer less frequently flights but you are still able to reach the Greece place:
- Rome Fiumicino
- Tel Aviv Ben Gurion
- Kraków, and many more.
Boeing 757, Boeing 737, and the Airbus 320 series and smaller aircraft like the Avro RJ, the Fokker 70, and the ADR72 are available at the airport. Ryanair, Olympic Air, and Aegean Airlines are scheduled for Santorini airport arrivals. During the high seasons of spring, summer, and fall, there are chartered flights JTR arrivals from other airlines like:
- Aer Lingus
- Blue Panorama
- Air France
- Wizz Air
Santorini flight arrivals
- Follow the immigration and passport inspection signs at the airport to wait for your luggage from the luggage hall.
- In the baggage hall, screens are telling you how many carrier belts you need to take your baggage.
- Go to customs when your luggage is in place.
- Follow the signs for the Santorini arrivals hall, from which signs to taxis, coaches, the train will take after clearing the customs.
Ground transportation Santorini Airport
- Hotel Pickup– Many hotels will charge this for you, but this is the easiest and most uncomplicated choice. Check which hotels offer free airports pick ups after Santorini Thira arrivals and which airports are available on request.
- Taxi – Fira or any other place from the airport is by taxi the easiest and quickest way to reach. Taxi rates vary by season from 01:00 to 05:00 and are increased at night. It’s cheaper most of the time than taking a hotel shuttle, but remember to ask the taxi driver in advance. Bear in mind that you have to wait in long queues and maybe share a taxi with strangers during the high tourism season after Santorini airport arrivals. It is one of the reasons why parking in a hotel is an excellent choice. Taxis outside of the airport gate are available 24/7.
- Bus – The cheapest option at any time of year is by taking a bus from the airport. Some other factors need to be taken into account. Santorini has a quality local bus network, but winter to winter schedules are different. High-season trips are frequent, but the bus is not run in the winter as usual. Outside the airport, there are always bus schedules. In Fira, you will also need to change buses if you want to go anywhere but the capital Fira, as this is the prime bus station.