Kos International Airport
Address: Antimachia, 853 02 Kos, Greece
Tel: +30 (0) 2242 056000
Fax: +30 (0) 22420 51833
Owner: H.C.A.A. (Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority)
IATA code: KGS
ICAO code: LGKO
KGS Arrivals today
Find out Kos international airport Arrivals
The international airport of Kos (IATA: KGS, ICAO: LGKO) is on Kos Island in Greece. It is situated next to the village of Antimachia, operated by Fraport AG, and Swissport is responsible for every KOS arrivals within the airport. Kos airport serves mainly charter flights that take customers on holiday to the island. In summer, Goose Airport peaked, with prime Condor, Eurowings and British Airways flying.
The Hellenic Aviation Authority is a fully-fledged civilian airport, serving as the international gateway to the island, a fast-growing tourist resort. In addition, regular KOS flight arrivals form Athens and Rhodes are provided. The airport handles many charter flights as a result of making Kos airport a preferred destination. Olympic Airlines and Aegean Airlines offer regular services. In 2007, 1.64 million passengers were handled by the airport.
History of Kos Airport
On 4 April 1964, the airport opened and had its first KOS airport arrivals. The runway path was extended up to 2400 meters in 1974 to let bigger airplanes take of as well. As traffic grew at the airport, a new terminal was built in 1980. The terminal was refurbished and expanded in 1997 for KOS arrivals.
By the signing of the agreement between Fraport AG / Copoulos Group, and the State Privatization Fund in December 2015, the privatization of the Kos Island international airport and 13 regional airports was completed in Greece. Stergios Pitcairlos, president of the HRADF Greek privatization organization, told Reuters that they signed the agreement. The agreement provides for the 14 airports, including Kos Island International Airport, to be operated by the joint venture for 40 years to 11 April 2017 to have KOS flight arrivals.
Fraport AG awarded the Greco government’s plans for 14 regional airports with its Greek subsidiary Fraport Greece on 22 March 2017. The immediate actions of Fraport are improved lighting, improved aerial marking, upgraded health facilities, improved WiFi services, and better airport-wide fire protection.
The operator plans for a new terminal for KOS airport arrivals and fire plant, the renovation of the wastewater treatment plant. And the safety test routes to be checked in the counters for long-term plans to 2021.
Airlines and destinations
Some frequently seen airlines with KOS arrivals:
- Aegean Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Olympic Air
- Blue Panorama Airlines
- British airways
- Scandinavian Airlines
Many destinations with KOS flight arrivals are
- Salzburg, Vienna, Zurich, and Basel/Mulhouse
- Mykonos, Rhodes, Santorini, and Athens Airport
- London-Gatwick, Birmingham, Cardiff, Doncaster/Sheffield, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne, Belfast City, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow GLA, and Leeds
- Frankfurt, Munich, Nuremberg, Berlin, Dusseldorf, Stuttgart, Hanover, and Hamburg
- Bergamo Airport, Bari, Bologna, Milan Malpensa, and Verona
- France Paris Airport Orly
- Barcelona Airport
- Amsterdam, Eindhoven, and Brussels
- Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo, and Stavanger
- Katowice, Warsaw Chopin, Wroclaw
- Tel Aviv.
KOS airport arrivals
At the airport, passengers leave the plane without using the boarding bridge with the accommodation ladder. Then proceed to the aircraft terminal. After the ladder is down, follow the trail to the front door.
If you checked your baggage, go to the luggage claim and review your luggage claims. All procedures are finished, the lobby to visit passengers. Now you are set free to explore the Island of Kos.
If you have questions about airport facilities, Kos Airport has an information desk which is accessible after KOS arrivals for all your queries.
- Food and drink: a café with warm and cold drinks, fast foods, and snacks are in the final building.
- Shopping: Free duty shopping on the terminal building is available.
- Disability facilities: The facilities are fundamental. If you need help at the airport, you should contact your carrier before departure.
- Additional facilities are a medical center, and there’s also a police station available at Kos international airport.