Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport
Administration Building 17,
GR-190 19 Spata, Greece
Tel: +30 (0) 210 3530000
Fax: +30 (0) 210 3530001
Owner: Athens International Airport “El. Venizelos” SA
IATA code: ATH
ICAO code: LGAV
ATH Arrivals today
About Eleftherios Venizelos airport arrivals
Greece can be your next family travel destination and get to the country the best way; you often need Athens arrivals. This is one of the newest airports in the Greek city where you can be amazed by its technology. It is worth spending a few minutes of your time reviewing the airport, what it looks like and how easy it is to get out of there.
You may be delighted with this airport in Greece, which, maybe to your surprise, has been in business since this century. The airport is rich in technology but also airlines available for domestic, Athens international airport arrivals and stopover flights.
- JTR – Santorini
- SKG – Thessaloniki
- LCA – Lanarca
- HER – Heraklion
- LHR – London
- CHQ – Chania
- CDG – Paris
- PAS – Paros
- JMK – Mykonos
- TLV – Tel Aviv
By its acronym AIA, the Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport is the main access you have to the Greek city. If your next holiday destination in the Attica or Greece region, Eleftherios Venizelos airport arrivals make sense to start your journey. This airport was inaugurated in 2001; it has had a good connection with technology in its terminals.
You will have access to an airport with all the comforts, good customer service, and other novelties after ATH airport arrivals. Eleftherios Venizelos Airport in Athens can host more than 26 million people each year. That are around 350 thousand Eleftherios Venizelos arrivals.
After arrivals from Athens airport
As you will be touring Greece, you have to know some facts on how to get out of this airport. You have several ways to have Athens airport arrivals from the center:
- By bus: you can use any of the four bus lines that leave or pass through the international airport. The cost per seat on the bus can be from 3 to 5 dollars depending on your destination.
- By taxi: if you want good security and speed to get to Athens, you can taxi from the airport. It will take you less than 40 minutes to get to the center of Athens.
- Rent a car: so that you can feel free on your Athens vacation, you can rent a vehicle from the airport after Athens flight arrivals.
- Metro / train: you can also go to the train or metro stations near the Athens airport to go to the city center.
Location of Athens airport
Athens International Airport is located between the cities Markopoulo, Spata, Loutsa, and Koropi to the northwest. This is a large airport, made up of 2 terminals.
Athens Airport flight routes
From the Athens airport you can go to different parts of the world. The most frequented international Athens arrivals are coming from:
- The Netherlands, United States, Spain, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, France, and United Kingdom.
Other international flights routes:
- Major destinations are Istanbul, Rome, Frankfurt, Munich, Amsterdam, Zurich, Milan, New York Newark, West Palm Beach, Doha, Cairo, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Singapore.
For domestic ATH airport arrivals then you have the following options besides the top routes:
In each of the destinations that interest you from the Athens airport, you can take airlines such as:
- Aegean airlines
- Olympic Air
- Aer Lingus
- Air Baltic
- Air Austral
- Blue Air
- Asiana Airlines
- ASL Airlines
- Air France
- Austrian Airlines
- Air Serbia
With the Athens airport, you will have around 90 airlines available to travel to almost any country. Within these national and international Athens airport arrivals, you can also take connecting flights with companies such as:
- Volotea, Sky Express, Ryanair, Air Olimpico and Aegean Airlines.
You will not regret making a reservation from the Athens airport where they also offer you discounts on flights. This airport is one of the most important in Greece that you should take into account when traveling. Athens flight arrivals happen all year round. The year 2019 was the busiest ever with 25,574,030 passengers. In 2020 there was a big drop to just 8,078,383 passengers. That were 112,415 flight arrivals. Als the first couple months of 2021 is hard and hopefully the airport will see big improvements during summer.