Address: Flughafenstraße 32, 70629 Stuttgart, Germany
Tel: +49 711 9480
Fax: +490 711 948-22 41
IATA code: STR
ICAO code: EDDS
STR Arrivals today
About Stuttgart Arrivals in Germany
If you plan to go to Germany, you should take a step to know the sixth largest airport in the entire region. Stuttgart Airport in Germany is one of the iconic places in the country for being one of the most up-to-date and oldest. You can see what the airport facilities offer you and why it is convenient to take a national or international Stuttgart arrivals.
About some history
This is one of the oldest airports that was built in Germany in 1939, replacing Boblingen Airport for Stuttgart flight arrivals. The first years of the airport were innovative because they offered short flights. For the year 1945, the airport was taken over by the North American army, and it was not until 1948 when they delivered it back to the country.
This airport had a lot of participation in the cold war being used by the US Army and the Echterdingen army. Both armies shared the airport on the south and north side of their facilities for STR airport arrivals. Today the US Army has a very small helicopter base south of the airport.
Stuttgart Airport has been modified since its initial construction; by 2004, its base terminal was replaced, and several terminals were built. It accommodates more than 12 million people a year with a 140 thousand Stuttgart airport arrivals.
Getting to/from the airport
When arriving at Stuttgart Airport, there are several ground transportation routes from the city center. Take the following options as ground transportation from the airport:
- Buses: there are STR arrivals by bus from cities in the region such as Reutlingen, Esslingen am Neckar, Kirchheim and Tubingen. There are also companies such as FlixBus and Deinbus for the connections at the airport in this bus line.
- Cars: You can rent a car from Stuttgart Airport and take Bundesautobahn 8, which is in the north of the region. From this road, you can reach Stuttgart with Ulm and Karlsruhe or Munich with Augsburg. Stuttgart arrivals from the center by car may take less than 30 minutes.
- Railway line: You can get to or from the airport using the nearby suburban rail lines. You can take the Stuttgart Flughafen – Messe line to take you to your destination in approximately 35 minutes.
Location of Stuttgart Airport
Stuttgart airport is located less than 15 kilometers from Stuttgart, very close to the city of Leinfelden-Echterdingen. You have to focus your gaze south of Stuttgart to locate the airport and its runway when having Stuttgart flight arrivals. This airport is also close to the city of Filderstadt in the Esslingen district in Baden Wurttemberg.
At Stuttgart airport, you can just one runway for STR airport arrivals that are distributed in 4 terminals. A second runway was a discussion but the plan has been dismissed. Each of these terminals is dedicated to a certain number of airlines to provide domestic or international flights.
Some of the carriers with Stuttgart airport arrivals:
- Twin Jet
- Turkish Airlines
- TUI Fly Deutschland
- Tailwind Airlines
- Swiss International Air Lines
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Pegasus Airlines
- Onur Air
- Lubeck Air
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Iberia Express
- Holiday Europe
- Freebird Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Corendon Airlines
- Bulgarian Air Charter
- British Airlines
- AIS Airlines
- Air Serbia
- Air France
- Aegean Airlines
At Stuttgart airport, you can have international STR arrivals such as:
- Belgrade, Vienna, Bucharest, Istanbul, Palma de Mallorca, Puerto del Rosario, Barcelona, Amsterdam, London, Antalya
If you want to have domestic Stuttgart arrivals then the following options you have: