Address: Kennedystraße, 51147 Köln, Germany
IATA airport code: CGN
Altitude: 92 m
Telephone: +49 2203 404001
Number of runways: 3
ICAO code: EDDK
Alias: Köln-Wahn Airport and Cologne Bonn Konrad Adenauer Airport
CGN Departures today
Travel page on Cologne Bonn International Airport Departures
Cologne Bonn Airport is the international airport serving Cologne and some other German cities like Bonn, Dusseldorf and Frankfurt. Cologne airport is Germany’s fourth-largest city. Koln Bonn Airport is the full name of the airport. Konrad Adenauer was named after West Germany’s first postwar Chancellor.
Statistics Cologne airport
Cologne Bonn Airport is Germany’s seventh-largest airport, handling 12.5 million passengers per year. The Cologne Bonn airport departures keep growing. It’s a major cargo airport, and it is currently Germany’s third busiest after Frankfurt and Leipzig.
Location for Köln Bonn airport departures
The Wahner Heide nature reserve surrounds the airport, which is located in the neighborhood of Porz 9 miles southeast of the city center. The nature reserve on the boundaries of the airport benefits both the airport and the many local freight forwarders. It permits the airport to offer airlines nighttime Cologne departures and arrival slots. This night times flights are not available at many other German airports.
Cologne airport terminals
Cologne Bonn Airport has two terminals and three runways for Koln airport departures. This airport serves over 40 international destinations.
This U-shaped terminal, first opened in the 1970’s for the first Köln Bonn departures. It features stores, restaurants, check-in counters, and a visitors’ rooftop deck. In 2004, improvements to security, stores, and restaurants were made. Jet bridges, walk-on boarding, and bus boarding points are all available. Eurowings, Lufthansa, and Austrian Airlines are the main users of this terminal with Cologne flight departures. An observation deck, pharmacy, and medical services are available. The railway station is directly accessible from Terminal 1.
Located to the north of Terminal 1, Terminal 2 is a more modern glass and steel construction that opened in 2000 for Cologne airport departures. It has eight jet bridges and bus boarding points. Ryanair, Iran Air, and other airlines use it to have CGN departures. A travel center is located in Terminal 2 for assistance and information. It has a basement-level connection to the airport’s railway station.
Destinations and Airlines
The most seen carrier is Eurowings that has it’s base at Cologne airport. In addition, there are also many other airlines that offer Cologne Bonn airport departures mainly to destinations in Europe. Corendon Airlines, Wizz Air and Ryanair also offer many flights. The airlines with less Köln Bonn airport departures/charter/seasonal are Air Arabia, Alitalia, AnadoluJet, Austrian Airlines, Blue Air, FlyErbil, Iran Air, Holiday Europe, Jet2.com, Lufthansa, Onur Air, Pegasus Airlines, Pobeda, SunExpress, Turkish Airlines and a few others.
The busiest route outside of Germany is to the popular island of Palma de Mallorca where many Germans enjoy a holiday. Other routes with many Koln airport departures are to London Stansted, Vienna, Istanbul Airport and Barcelona. There are also many planes to Turkey such as Antalya and Izmir.
- If you decide to travel by own car then there are three parking area’s available in front of the two terminals.
- Outside of both terminals, taxis are readily available. The journey into Cologne should take about 15 minutes and cost roughly 30 euros (40 euros to Bonn). For more destinations and associated prices, please contact Taxi Ruf Köln (email@example.com or +49 (0)221 2882)
- A cheaper way to travel instead of a taxi is ride sharing. You can use SHARE NOW (Level 3) and UFODRIVE (Level 1). They are both at Parking 2.
- If you want to rent a car, you can do so at the well-known rental car companies. Among these are Avis, Europcar, Buchbinder, Enterprise, Hertz and Sixt.
- There are also long-distance buses available at the airport. These offer trips to many other German countries, but also to the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Belgium, France.
- Trains run to the city of Cologne throughout the day. There are also other train journeys such as to Mönchengladbach, Stuttgart, Koblenz and many more.
- If you want to travel by local bus, you can do so with the S19. This takes you to Cologne Central Station in 15 minutes. The price is 3 euros each way.
Cologne flight departures
- If you only have a cabin bag or carry-on luggage, checking in online is recommended to prevent long lines when having Cologne airport departures.
- From 30 days until 2 hours or 3 hours before the scheduled CGN departures of your flight, you can check-in online and print your boarding pass.
Keep in mind
- Check which gate your flight is departing from on the Cologne Bonn airport departures information display screen.
- Gate distances vary by airport and may necessitate a several-minute walk. It’s ideal to find out which gate your flight departs from as soon as possible so you can estimate how long it will take to get there.
- Depending on where you’re flying from, boarding procedures also can differ for some Köln Bonn airport departures. Some passengers may need to take a short bus trip from the terminal to the aircraft. Others will need to utilize an air jetty or walk a short distance from the gate to the flight.
If you have any special needs or access requirements for your trip when having Cologne departures, inform them online or by phone at least 48 hours before your scheduled departure time.