Flughafen Köln/Bonn ‘Konrad Adenauer
Address: Kennedystraße, 51147 Köln, Germany
Tel: 49 (02203) 40 40 01 / -02
IATA code: CGN
ICAO code: EDDK
CGN Arrivals today
Guideline for Cologne Bonn international Airport arrivals
Cologne Bonn Airport is the international airport serving Cologne, Germany’s fourth-largest city. It also serves Bonn, Dusseldorf, Dortmund, Duisberg, Essen and Frankfurt as well. The airport is 12 kilometers southeast of Cologne and 16 kilometers northeast of Bonn, in the Cologne-Bonn region. Cologne Bonn Airport is one of the country’s few 24-hour airports. It is serving as a hub for the airline Eurowings that offer most Cologne Bonn airport arrivals. It’s also a busy place for cargo flights of FedEx Express and UPS Carriers. It is as well a focus city for some charter and low-cost airlines.
Passenger statistics Cologne Airport
It is Germany’s seventh-largest passenger airport and third-largest in terms of freight operations, with over 12.4 million passengers traveling through it in 2019. The airport is ranked seventh in Germany in terms of traffic units, which includes both cargo and passengers Köln Bonn airport arrivals. Cologne Bonn Airport served 115 passenger destinations in 35 countries during the year 2019.
Most popular flight routes
Cologne airport offers most important destinations in Europe. There are also some regular flights to the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and North America.
Some other frequently seen routes are going to:
Cologne airport terminals
Cologne Bonn Airport has two terminals and three runways for the Cologne arrivals. T1B, T1C, and T2D are the names of the terminals. Terminal 1 process Koln airport arrivals of the carriers Austrian Airlines, Eurowings, and Lufthansa. Terminal 2 for all other airlines that will use the airport. Köln Bonn arrivals are on the ground floor, Reisemarkt is on the first floor, and departure hall is on the second floor of both terminals.
Cologne Bonn Airport ground transportation
Cologne Bonn Airport contains a massive underground station with four platforms between the two terminals.
- The city transport S-Bahn lines S13 and S19 in Cologne and Troisdorf provide direct connections to the airport so you could be on time for your Cologne flight arrivals. On weekdays, trains have every 20 minutes Cologne airport arrivals.
- The East Rhine Railway connects the airport with Minden every hour through Regional-Express line RE 6 and Regionalbahn RB 27. It travels through Cologne, Troisdorf, Bonn, and Beuel. Between the airport and numerous German cities, there are several fast railway routes (ICE) with CGN arrivals.
- Between Bonn and the airport, there is also an express airport bus SB60.
- Outside of both city terminals after Cologne Bonn airport arrivals, taxis are readily available.
Köln Bonn airport arrivals
The airline’s customer service counter is usually located in the baggage claim area for claiming excessive baggage or reporting lost baggage when you experience Koln airport arrivals. Passengers get required to show their baggage check receipt so that it gets matched to the bag they were attempting to collect from the baggage claim.
Sleep at the airport
According to several passengers, the best place to sleep in the airport is a sleeping hideaway near the 24-hour market. That is in Terminal 1 and maybe necessary when having late Köln Bonn arrivals. It is said to have plush leather sofas and is relatively quiet. Should the leather sofas be taken, both terminals contain armrest-free metal benches situated in various locations. Those looking for a good night’s sleep can choose from several hotels near the airport if your Cologne flight arrivals are late in the evening or just want to relax a bit before traveling further. If sleeping in an airport does not appeal to you, you can stay at one of the following hotels near Cologne airport:
- Leonardo Hotel Koln Bonn Airport: this is the nearest hotel to the airport. The hotel is just a 7-minute walk from the Cologne airport arrivals hall, or you can take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service, which operates every 15 minutes.
- The New Yorker’s Airport Hotel: There is no airport shuttle, so if you have a lot of luggage, you can take a taxi for around 6 euros.