Flughafen Berlin Brandenburg “Willy Brandt”
Address: Melli-Beese-Ring 1, 12529 Schönefeld, Germany
Phone: +49 30 6091 6091 0
IATA airport code: BER
ICAO airport code: EDDB
Alias: Berlin Brandenburg Airport Willy Brandt
BER Departures today
New Berlin Brandenburg International Airport Departures
If you want to go to Berlin, you can try the new airport facilities located nearby. Berlin Brandenburg Airport is one of the most recent airports that the city and the German region have opened. This airport has been very functional for the citizens of Brandenburg because it allows them to take exclusive Berlin airport departures.
You can take a look at the airport, its facilities and where it is officially located. You can know which airlines the airport has available so that you can make your reservation as soon as possible for Brandenburg departures.
Busiest flight routes
- Paris Charles de Gaulle
- Palma de Mallorca
- London Heathrow
- Madrid Barajas
Berlin Brandenburg Airport “Willy Brandit,” or renamed “BER” by German citizens, is a very new facility to offer Berlin Brandenburg departures. This airport was to be built in 2011, but after repairs and other developments, it was absent until 2020. The airport has only been in operation for one year for Brandenburg airport departures, although it has not shown its full potential due to the arrival of covid-19.
With the short time in operation, the Berlin Brandenburg Airport is considered the third-largest airport in Germany. The airport has focus airlines such as Ryanair, Easy Jet, Eurowings, TUI Fly Deutschland, and other famous companies for Berlin flight departures.
Berlin Brandenburg Airport Location
The new airport is located in Schönefeld, the municipality located south of Germany, Berlin. You have to travel 11 miles from the city center to get to the airport and catch the flight you want.
Transportation Berlin Airport
You can have a good experience when you arrive at the airport because you will have several means of transportation that support you:
- Train: You can take Airport BER and terminal 1 or 2, taking you to the S-Bahn terminal or towards Ringbahn. These train rails also stand out for giving you trains with Berlin departures like InterCity, EuroCity, or Regional –Express.
- Railways: You can take a railway from the city center to the airport without problems; this project has been under construction since June 2020.
- Bus: The airport has express buses recognized as X7, X71, and X11 that will take you to the destination you want. The X7 can be connected to the U7 metro at Rudow station. The X71 bus can take you to Alt Mariendorf that connects with the U6 metro. This is a good option to be on time for your Brandenburg flight departures.
You can also take special buses called “BER1” and “BER2” that will take you to Potsdam station and Rathaus Steglitz. Without a doubt, you can also take the bus to go to Berlin.
Berlin Brandenburg Airport has two runways for BER airport departures that are in parallel with those it provides its current flights. The airport’s north runway measures 12,000 feet and has been built since 1960, when the area was an airfield. The south runway measured 13,000 feet and was built in 2012 but only first use for the public in 2020 to have its first Berlin Brandenburg airport departures.
Berlin Brandenburg Airport Terminals
As Berlin Brandenburg Airport is recently build, you may be surprised by how beautiful its facilities are. The airport has two terminals to process BER departures that are divided by providing operations such as:
- Terminal 1: It is divided into sections A – B – C, and D; it has a hexagonal shape and was designed by the company GMP Architects. This terminal is divided into four levels of public service, where you can find Air France, EasyJet, British Airways, etc. for Berlin airport departures
- Terminal 2: This terminal has section B and was built in 2018 but was completed by 2020. You can find airlines like Wizz Air and Norwegian Air Shuttle within their limits to have Berlin Brandenburg departures.
At this airport on the outskirts of Berlin you can take the following airlines for Berlin flight departures:
- Aer Lingus
- Aegean Airlines
- Air France
- British Airways
- Bulgaria Air
- Pegasus Airlines, AnadoluJet, and Turkish Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Swiss International Air Lines
You can also recognize the cargo airlines UPS Airlines and FedEx Feeder by providing their operations within the airport.
Destinations at Berlin Airport
If you want to travel from Berlin Brandenburg airport, you can take the most sought-after destinations when having Brandenburg flight departures such as: