Aéroport de Paris-Orly
Address: 94390 Orly, France
IATA Code: ORY
Elevation: 89 m
Phone: +33 892 56 39 50
ICAO airport code: LFPO
Alias: Orly International Airport and Villeneuve-Orly Airport
ORY Departures today
Find out Paris Orly International Airport departures
You have to know about the Paris Orly airport, one of the busiest for tourists who know the country. As the airport is commonly called, Orly, has several terminals for Orly departures. There are many Paris Orly departures flights and connections for your frequent passengers. You can know a little about this working airport to find out how to get there and take your next flight within or outside Europe.
About the history
Paris Orly Airport was founded in 1932 when the first Orly flight departures started. It was called “Villeneuve-Orly” and was a very small station. This airport has a lot of history due to its participation in the Second Great War and its post-war period. The German Luftwaffe group took over Orly as storage for fighter jets for most of the war period.
As Orly was supporting the enemy group, it is not surprising that it suffered some attacks by US forces. The USAAF planned one of those attacks to defeat the German navy and reclaim the Allies’ airport. In these surprise attacks, the airport was devastated, but engineers rebuilt it from the USAAF itself in later years to continue ORY airport departures.
Getting to/from Paris Orly Airport
As a tourist, you worry about arriving at the airport, arriving in the city center, or going to other areas in Paris. You do not have to worry when you arrive in Orly because you have several means of transport at affordable prices:
- Train: You can go to the Antony train station, located a few meters from the airport terminal for Paris orly airport departures. You can also choose the T7 tram in this means of transport that will send you from Orly-Villejuif to Louis Aragon.
- Buses: You can take different bus lines from the airport, such as RATP, to Porte de Choisy and Denfert. You can take the Noctilien bus if you arrive at the airport at night and go to Paris Gare, Place du Chatelet, or Gare de Paris Est. This bus line also offers you special departures such as Disneyland in Paris that goes by VEA.
- Cab: You can choose a more comfortable means of transport but at a cost something like a taxi from Orly. You can go to the city center in Paris or where you expect to stay.
Paris Orly Airport location
The location of the Paris Orly airport is questionable because it divides its terminals by two departments to the West and South. This airport is located between the Val De Marne department and the Essonne department in Paris. As Orly is such a large airport taking at least 15 square km of land, it is divided between departments. If you drive your own car before you have ORY flight departures then there are many parking options in front of all the terminals for you.
Runways at Orly Airport
With four terminals at your mercy, Paris Orly airport has several landing and take-off runways for Orly departures. These terminals have been modified over the years to meet the high demand of passengers per year. Inside the airport, you can take flights by airlines such as:
- Air Malta
- Air Corsica
- Air Europa
- Air Algérie
- Pegasus Airlines
- Royal Air Maroc
- TUI Fly
- TAP Air Portugal
- Wizz Air, among others.
This airport also receives Hub flights and have to continue their way with Orly airport departures from very popular airlines such as:
- French Bee
- Corsair International
- Air Caraibes
- Air France
Paris Orly Airport Destinations
If you are in Paris, you can go to Orly airport to take some national or international destinations. This airport works every day of the year, taking Paris Orly airport departures to domestic places like:
Orly airport offers many international routes to destinations in Europe but also outside the continent:
- Martinique Aime Cesaire Fort de France
- Madrid, Palma de Mallorca, Alicante, Barcelona, Lanzarote, Tenerife South, Valencia
- JFK New York, Montreal, Las Vegas, Newark
- Berlin, Munich
- Rome-Fiumicino, Venice, Florence
- Casablanca, Marrakesh Menara
- Lisbon, Porto
- London Gatwick
- Tel Aviv
- Dublin and many more.